Venom4131
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkfire00 View Post
cyclops
ryu
spiderman
strider
I hate Ryu...I always have. He was the one guy everyone liked, so I always would pick Ken to kick his ass with. Ryu hits hard, but his kicks and specials suck.

In my opinion, Akuma > Ken > Dan > Ryu.
Venom4131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 04:05 PM   #13
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom4131 View Post
I hate Ryu...I always have. He was the one guy everyone liked, so I always would pick Ken to kick his ass with. Ryu hits hard, but his kicks and specials suck.

the super finisher combo on my team was wicked
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 04:37 PM   #14
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthPredamorph View Post
How about a Marvel vs. DC vs. Capcom game?

Guess you guys never herd of Mugen for PC.

Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-mEFw6eBAg

In this one, you can see a BIG page of character pictures.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5lXX...elated&search=

What mugen is for that dont know. Its the VS engine, which people create "Sprites" for. Sprites are the animated characters.

If you download the mugen engine for your PC, you then can find hundreds of sprites people created for it and just plunk them into your mugen folder for PC.

I messed with it while back when i did own a PC and had like 50 characters i put into it. Only problem is i cant stand PC, so when it came to some of the harder tasks i screwed it all up and fubarded my mugen folder. Then i sorta destroyed the PC, cause i like Macs better!

There is a group of guys who did create the DC vs Marvel VS capcom. But they are very hush hush about it, and took a long time before they even let me log into their pages. If you can find their site, you need to be a member for a few months, donate (i think) and then will be able to download their mugen specific system.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M.U.G.E.N

Capcom should get off their asses and get these guys working for them.
Vince-Vell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 04:43 PM   #15
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
Never was a fan of charge characters.
Man i love dash characters. back in college we had a group of guys who where at the arcade every friday night. (i worked in the maill there to pay day bills). So after work i would hit the arcade with them for a few hours. We had some crazy matches where no supers were allowed or the tag partner help.

So all we did was just air and ground combos etc.. Some of the best matches i ever had was doing that.

But akumas warp is the best, i love getting out of trouble with that move. Plus its fun to set up people with a short one and use a raging demon coming out of it.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:57 PM   #16
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

My favorite character would be Psylocke, I just rock with her.

My team is
Psylocke
Marrow

Cammy or Storm

It does not really matter whether I pick Cammy or Storm, I usually just need Psylocke. But it's nice to have Storm to throw tornando's as a help to Psylocke. I also love jumping in the air with Psylocke and doing a double or tripple jump followed by teleportation.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 06:44 PM   #17
Venom4131
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
Guess you guys never herd of Mugen for PC.

Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-mEFw6eBAg

In this one, you can see a BIG page of character pictures.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5lXX...elated&search=

What mugen is for that dont know. Its the VS engine, which people create "Sprites" for. Sprites are the animated characters.

If you download the mugen engine for your PC, you then can find hundreds of sprites people created for it and just plunk them into your mugen folder for PC.

I messed with it while back when i did own a PC and had like 50 characters i put into it. Only problem is i cant stand PC, so when it came to some of the harder tasks i screwed it all up and fubarded my mugen folder. Then i sorta destroyed the PC, cause i like Macs better!

There is a group of guys who did create the DC vs Marvel VS capcom. But they are very hush hush about it, and took a long time before they even let me log into their pages. If you can find their site, you need to be a member for a few months, donate (i think) and then will be able to download their mugen specific system.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M.U.G.E.N

Capcom should get off their asses and get these guys working for them.

Yeah, my friend has Mugen...but a lot of the sprites are crappy and don't work well together...plus some are so buffed that there's almost no way to beat them.
Venom4131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 07:27 PM   #18
Wayne Industries
Blue Falcon

I'm somewhat of a SF snob and never really got into the newer fighting games with all the characters mixed in. My arcade days pretty much slowed down when all the "Hyper Championship SF" games came out. How does this game compare to the older ones? Does it take the same amount of "skill" to beat the crap outta someone or does a fair amount of button mashing get you the same result anyway?
Wayne Industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 07:37 PM   #19
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Quote:

We must be in bizarro world here. I think you meant:

Ryu> Akuma > Ken > Dan

In the 15th anniversary edition with Street Fighter 3 Ken is awful and all 3 finishing moves stink.
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 08:32 PM   #20
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Industries View Post
I'm somewhat of a SF snob and never really got into the newer fighting games with all the characters mixed in. My arcade days pretty much slowed down when all the "Hyper Championship SF" games came out. How does this game compare to the older ones? Does it take the same amount of "skill" to beat the crap outta someone or does a fair amount of button mashing get you the same result anyway?

Yup way more combos and moves then the old school SF. If you play people who know what they are doing, can have a lot more fun with the game. Then the old style of endless hodukens.

I love SF3, where they added the system called parrying. So if someone throw a fireball at you, and you time it correctly by hitting forward. You parry it and insted of hurting you, it beefs up your super bar. Very skilled game.

MvC2 is all about tag team combos. You get to choose 3 characters, and tag them in and out during game play. Then you can do 2 or 3 character super combos etc... Lots of fun with like 56 characters to choose from.

But if you come from the old schoolt SF, i suggest grabing a copy of the Street Fighter Anniversary collection and Street fighter Alpha Anthology discs. Those are all the collected SF games you missed and the old school SF with them. Lots of fun and well worth it if you buy them used. MvC2 disc has jumped in price. I seen a very copies sell for well over $70 used on ebay.