Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 07-23-2007, 12:30 AM   #11
Justin
Jedi Order

I'm pumped about Smash Brothers. it's going to be insane to be able to play that online!
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:47 AM   #12
cougartrace
I like !%&!%&!%&!%&

This is a great lineup.

However, BioShock and Call of Duty 4 will be much better on the PC than on consoles.
cougartrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 12:43 PM   #13
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

I must remember to book a few months of my life off when halo 3 & GTA IV get released
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 02:25 PM   #14
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougartrace View Post
This is a great lineup.

However, BioShock and Call of Duty 4 will be much better on the PC than on consoles.
Well, that depends greatly on your PC hehe. Mine's fairly new and these games will still probably run poorly on it unless I drop the settings way down. PC gaming is great, but it costs alot to keep up with it.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 02:45 PM   #15
Kujo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

There is no way i'm gonna spend £400-500 upgrading my PC for 2-3 games. Its just not worth it these days. If that sort of line up was coming for PC, i'd be happy to. PC games seem to be getting waaaaay behind the times
Kujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 05:04 PM   #16
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
Man. This line up of games for the Fall/ Holiday season has to be the greatest list in the history of gaming. If you've got a 360 or PS3 or both, there's a tidal wave of games coming at you that's unlike anything I can remember. This to me is the first true "next gen" fall season and it's going to be a doozy. I'm going broke just thinking about it. Let's go down the list a bit.

Halo 3
Call of Duty 4 (My personal fav!)
Lair
Bioshock
Metroid Prime 3(Wii's got good stuff too)
Mass Effect
Heavenly Sword

Ratchet and Clank
Uncharted
Blue Dragon
Blacksite Area 51
Stranglehold (looks way cooler than I thought)
GTA IV
Assassins Creed
Brothers in Arms
Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Warhawk
Half Life 2 Orange Box
Guitar Hero III
Rock Band
Skate
Timeshift
Mercenaries 2
Army of Two
Kane and Lynch
Unreal Tournament 3
And the list goes on......

When I look at this list I know that there's going to be at least 4 or 5 that don't come out when theyr'e suppose to, but even still....what a season! It's a great time to be a FPS and shooter fan This list is Basically August through December. Almost every major title that the current consoles have in there arsenal will be unleashed in the span of 4 and a half months.

The only major titles that won't make it are Metal Gear Solid 4 and Killzone 2 for the PS3 and Resident Evil 5 and Devil May Cry 4. I'm sure there's more, but it's still a crazy list of releases. It's a great (and horrible) time to be a gamer.
To me, a handful of those games aren't worth playing, and about 90% aren't worth buying! Here's a recommendation to all you video game heads on these boards, rent from Gamefly! In fact, there are only a handful of titles for 360 that I own, and none for the PS3!

That PS3 is a huge disappointment for games. There are only three games worth playing! Anyways, the games I highlighted in bold are the games worth playing!

Maybe my lack of enthusiasm for games may be due to me just getting older and growing out of them. I find myself to have much less patience with most of these games. I want something I can instantly jump into. The fact I am not a FPS fan does not help either. I admit, those games look pretty, but I like to see my characters fully (Gears of War).

Give me fun button mashers like Marvel Ultimate Alliance, and many of the old XBLA games like Prince of Persia. I've always preferred 2D sidescrollers. Don't get me wrong, there are some phenomenal 3D games (Zelda, Metroid, Gears of War, etc.), but overall, most games just take too much time to get into or are just plain boring!

*NOTE* GTA is the most overhyped piece of crap in the history of games! JMHO! I know many of my friends echo those sentiments, and we are/were hardcore gamers since the Atari 2600 days! The best gaming days was during the Super NES and Genesis days! Give me more pseudo 2D/3D games, please!
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 05:14 PM   #17
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
To me, a handful of those games aren't worth playing, and about 90% aren't worth buying! Here's a recommendation to all you video game heads on these boards, rent from Gamefly! In fact, there are only a handful of titles for 360 that I own, and none for the PS3!

That PS3 is a huge disappointment for games. There are only three games worth playing! Anyways, the games I highlighted in bold are the games worth playing!

Maybe my lack of enthusiasm for games may be due to me just getting older and growing out of them. I find myself to have much less patience with most of these games. I want something I can instantly jump into. The fact I am not a FPS fan does not help either. I admit, those games look pretty, but I like to see my characters fully (Gears of War).

Give me fun button mashers like Marvel Ultimate Alliance, and many of the old XBLA games like Prince of Persia. I've always preferred 2D sidescrollers. Don't get me wrong, there are some phenomenal 3D games (Zelda, Metroid, Gears of War, etc.), but overall, most games just take too much time to get into or are just plain boring!

*NOTE* GTA is the most overhyped piece of crap in the history of games! JMHO! I know many of my friends echo those sentiments, and we are/were hardcore gamers since the Atari 2600 days! The best gaming days was during the Super NES and Genesis days! Give me more pseudo 2D/3D games, please!
lol what's hard about gears of war? all ya have to do is point & shoot
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 02:04 AM   #18
xreynoldsxcorex
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
*NOTE* GTA is the most overhyped piece of crap in the history of games!!
I agree!
xreynoldsxcorex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 06:53 AM   #19
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by inkfire00 View Post
lol what's hard about gears of war? all ya have to do is point & shoot
It's not hard! That is what I love about Gears of War! It is easy to get into, even though there is a small learning curve!

Gears of War is easily one of the best games I've played in my entire life of video games!
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 07:54 AM   #20
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Hehe..well, different strokes. I for one LOVE FPS games, so I'm gonna be in hog heaven. Loric, being a 2D nut, you should check out Odin Sphere. It's a new PS2 action/rpg with gorgeous 2D graphics. It's a sidescroller with rpg elements in it. Pretty damn cool.

I agree about GTA. To me, it's a great idea that tech hasn't caught up with yet. The sandbox game won't truely be realized for a long time. I think it's a great idea though.

As for GoW...I was a bit disappointed. It's beautiful, but doesn't have much legs. I like simplicity, but this one didn't grab me like it did so many others.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote