Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 07-09-2015, 12:03 PM   #181
Naru
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankyjammies View Post
Bases such as the ones on Koto's Classic Avengers Hulk and X-force Psylocke will never pass on my book.
Hulk had a base?
Naru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 05:35 PM   #182
Naru
Mephisto

It's a really nice sculpt Kudos to Erick yet again . A bit reminiscent of the Venom pose and it fits the Panther well.
Hope they'd do a Classic costume variant for him but that's not a Kotobukiya thing.
Would have been an instant buy for me with the classic costume and it would have fit in better with the Classic Avengers Line even though its a standalone piece and the base is actually better and different from that Classic series.
Not a fan of the modern costume unfortunately and anyone who suggests get it customized.....
Old 07-09-2015, 06:00 PM   #183
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naru View Post
It's a really nice sculpt Kudos to Erick yet again . A bit reminiscent of the Venom pose and it fits the Panther well.
Hope they'd do a Classic costume variant for him but that's not a Kotobukiya thing.
Would have been an instant buy for me with the classic costume and it would have fit in better with the Classic Avengers Line even though its a standalone piece and the base is actually better and different from that Classic series.
Not a fan of the modern costume unfortunately and anyone who suggests having it customized.....
Y'know Naru.... you could have it customized.

Jus' sayin'.

The more I look at it, I really like how Erick combined elements of the Classic costume (gloves and boots) with the Modern gold embellishments. However, I do see the appeal of a strictly Classic look with the other Avengers.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 10:16 PM   #184
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

That BP is stunning - bravo Mr. Sosa
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 11:06 PM   #185
Naru
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
Y'know Naru.... you could have it customized.

Jus' sayin'.
Hahaha yet another customization on a Koto piece... No thanks.
Luckily there isnt much room to mess the paint apps on this one......... Or is there?
Wish they'd stuck with the factory that painted the Classic Thor. The paints on that one turned out immaculate and vibrant
Old 07-10-2015, 12:27 AM   #186
isDatUcollector
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Luckily there isnt much room to mess the paint apps on this one......... Or is there?
Wish they'd stuck with the factory that painted the Classic Thor. The paints on that one turned out immaculate and vibrant
I agree. Carnage turned out nicely painted too, it's just the base that is lacking for me.
isDatUcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 12:43 AM   #187
crankyjammies
I am da law!

Quote:
Yeah but they aren't any good with painting faces. I had that Kotobukiya Thor and the paint app on the face really ruined the piece for me. If there's one area where I would demand a perfect paint application, that would be the face because that's where people look first time they see the statue.
crankyjammies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 01:41 AM   #188
amloprinzi
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankyjammies View Post
Yeah but they aren't any good with painting faces. I had that Kotobukiya Thor and the paint app on the face really ruined the piece for me. If there's one area where I would demand a perfect paint application, that would be the face because that's where people look first time they see the statue.
Lol, I had the same problem with my Hawkeye. He has a two purple paint spots on his face, and they aren't small either.
amloprinzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 12:07 AM   #189
Hellsbells51
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKULPTOR View Post
NY Comic con next guy is huge
Hoping Rhino and Thanos! I would include Apocalypse, but X-Men are on hold. C`mon Erick give us these beasts!
Hellsbells51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 02:46 AM   #190
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsbells51 View Post
Hoping Rhino and Thanos! I would include Apocalypse, but X-Men are on hold. C`mon Erick give us these beasts!
+1!
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote