Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 04-14-2015, 05:51 PM   #71
Darkcross
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuhayabusa6787 View Post
i'm personally waiting for omega red come on koto.
rogue will be a hot item.
+1
I would love a Koto Omega Red, I never liked the Bowen pose. If Erick does one, the Jim Lee preview pose would be awesome.

Speaking of Black Panther, I have the modern Bowen museum which I love but I cant wait to see the Koto version, hoping this year's SDCC will have a prototype.
Darkcross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 06:12 PM   #72
kirthew
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonk View Post
I wanted to chime in to clarify a few things about this project:
  • Black Panther will be sculpted by Erick Sosa.
  • We are exploring how to integrate a "soft-goods" cape with some type of wire frame inside it so it can be slightly posed.
  • This piece is being designed as a stand-alone release with a unique Wakanda environmental base.
  • The artwork shown during my panel was used for illustrative purposes only.
  • We are aiming to unveil this statue during SDCC.
Now my question to the forum - Does the ideal of a poseable, soft goods cape sound appealing or not? Also should the cape be permanently attached or removable?
I think you should release two.. one with the cape, one without. Modern / Classic. Just like Bowen did. Make the Modern have more gold touches. Make the classic all black. Then you would have two purchases from me instead of one.
kirthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 08:01 PM   #73
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkcross View Post
+1
I would love a Koto Omega Red, I never liked the Bowen pose. If Erick does one, the Jim Lee preview pose would be awesome.

Speaking of Black Panther, I have the modern Bowen museum which I love but I cant wait to see the Koto version, hoping this year's SDCC will have a prototype.
i'm more and more considering the bowen one becuase i don't think we wil lever see this guy.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 10:31 PM   #74
neomatrix99
What's another word for Thesaurus?

yeah with only 3 statues being released per year pickings are gong to be slim
neomatrix99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 11:14 PM   #75
Jokerbone
Justice League

Quote:
i'm more and more considering the bowen one becuase i don't think we wil lever see this guy.
It currently fills the hole in my collection BUT it's also on the short list of statues I wouldn't have a problem parting with. I would say it depends on how badly you want an Omega Red in your display. They don't go for that much in the aftermarket.
Jokerbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 11:16 PM   #76
Jokerbone
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by neomatrix99 View Post
yeah with only 3 statues being released per year pickings are gong to be slim
They need to expand! Especially while I'm still a young spry man.
Jokerbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 01:00 AM   #77
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokerbone View Post
It currently fills the hole in my collection BUT it's also on the short list of statues I wouldn't have a problem parting with. I would say it depends on how badly you want an Omega Red in your display. They don't go for that much in the aftermarket.
300+ is a decent aftermarket price. Bowen Omega Red ain't bad at all. It goes quite well with Koto yellow Wolverine.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 05:20 AM   #78
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
+1
That would be an awesome statue.

Quote:
Is the Bowen a perfect depiction of Omega Red? Not for me. I love the upper body, but I wish the lower torso were posed differently. Still, it's a solid B+/A- effort that I enjoy in my collection. The paints are superb and some of the details - like the tendrils showing beneath his skin - are incredible.

With the uncetainty surrounding the future of Marvel's mutant memorabilia, I'd encourage collectors to seek this piece out if they're fans of Omega Red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
300+ is a decent aftermarket price. Bowen Omega Red ain't bad at all. It goes quite well with Koto yellow Wolverine.
I can see those two pairing up nicely. Bowen has several "mountain top" pieces that would work with Koto Tiger Stripes.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 05:25 AM   #79
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonk View Post
I wanted to chime in to clarify a few things about this project:
  • Black Panther will be sculpted by Erick Sosa.
  • We are exploring how to integrate a "soft-goods" cape with some type of wire frame inside it so it can be slightly posed.
  • This piece is being designed as a stand-alone release with a unique Wakanda environmental base.
  • The artwork shown during my panel was used for illustrative purposes only.
  • We are aiming to unveil this statue during SDCC.
Now my question to the forum - Does the ideal of a poseable, soft goods cape sound appealing or not? Also should the cape be permanently attached or removable?
That sounds fantastic, Gonk. I would say removable. A soft good cape is ok with me as long as it does not look cheap and gimmicky. Otherwise, I rather have it fully sculpted.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 08:19 AM   #80
amloprinzi
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
+1

This would be awesome, sadly I doubt we will ever see it from koto like others have said.
amloprinzi is offline   Reply With Quote