Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 04-12-2006, 10:15 AM   #1
Tyrannosauron
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Beware: AllMovieReplicas.com & FedEx

Story time:
Last summer, I ordered a Sauron statue from the web site AllMovieReplicas.com. The store is in Canada, and international shipping is normally a pain, but they had the piece for sale at retail price, so I took the plunge. A few days before the piece was released, I saw some horror stories about international shipping on this board, so I e-mailed All Movie Replicas to ask about customs fees. Customer service responded, and I quote, "Don't worry about the customs fees, we'll take care of it." I got Sauron a couple of weeks later and all seemed okay.
About a month after that, I got a phone call from FedEx Trade Networks telling me that I owed them fees for customs and duties. I told them that AMR had agreed to pay all such fees and forwarded them the e-mail I had gotten from customer service. A month after that, I got an invoice in the mail. A quick phone call to FedEx confirmed that AMR refused to pay the fees and said they were my responsibility. FedEx suggested that I call AMR to speak with a gentleman named Chris. After a lot of hemming and hawing, Chris agreed to pay the fees that his company had already agreed to pay. A month later, I got another invoice from FedEx. When I called this time, they said that they needed a written confirmation from AMR accepting responsibility for the fees. When I wrote AMR bringing this to their attention, their customer service rep responded by saying that they had never agreed to anything in the first place (as if I hadn't seen the other e-mail that said otherwise!) and that Chris had only agreed to pay half the fees when he spoke to me over the phone (as if I hadn't heard otherwise with my own ears!). I wrote back, correcting them as kindly as possible, and never heard from them again.
Calling FedEx again, I spoke with a supervisor who agreed to help my case. She called Chris and once again got him to accept the fees. That was a month ago; today, I got another invoice. According to FedEx, while Chris has agreed to pay the fees, he's been less than forthcoming with payment, and the invoice is in my name. That would be fine, I'll play this game as long as I have to, but now the payment is so far past due that my credit rating is under threat. The longer that weasel refuses to pay, the more danger there is to my financial security.
I'm on FedEx's case about this just about once a day now, as I refuse to speak with any of the liars at AMR again. It's been a source of aggravation for several months now, and if I can help some fellow collectors to avoid similar aggravation from dealing with these people, then let that be the good that comes of this.
Tyrannosauron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 10:46 AM   #2
Sniper
Objectivo Bastardo

keep all the documentations and then have fedex give you a written letter stating the fees are not your responsibility and then send it out to the credit ratings company. I think they will correct it and take it off you credit score.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 12:15 PM   #3
saku93
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

how much are we talking?
saku93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 12:36 PM   #4
Jesse321
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
keep all the documentations and then have fedex give you a written letter stating the fees are not your responsibility and then send it out to the credit ratings company. I think they will correct it and take it off you credit score.
Absolutely .. I'd also threaten Fedex with legal action if they reported this to any of the big three credit bureaus. Keep checking your credit report every 3 months for the next year or so, just in case.
Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 12:49 PM   #5
BOWEN NUT
Hydra

"Calling FedEx again, I spoke with a supervisor who agreed to help my case. She called Chris and once again got him to accept the fees."

Problem solved in my eyes if you received confirmation from FedEx of the above exchange.
BOWEN NUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 12:08 AM   #6
Tyrannosauron
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Thanks for the responses. The amount in question honestly wasn't that much--$25--and I could afford it, but I now refuse to do so as a matter of principle. I would have paid at the outset if someone from All Movie Replicas had said something like, "Sorry, the original e-mail was a mistake, and our policy is such-and-such." Instead, they misled me, then outright lied. Luckily, I haven't cleaned out my e-mailbox in about three years, and so all of the relevant correspondence is readily available. FedEx sent me an e-mail today saying that the account would be cleared this afternoon, so hopefully that's the end of it.
Tyrannosauron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 06:12 AM   #7
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrannosauron View Post
Story time:
Last summer, I ordered a Sauron statue from the web site AllMovieReplicas.com. The store is in Canada, and international shipping is normally a pain, but they had the piece for sale at retail price, so I took the plunge. A few days before the piece was released, I saw some horror stories about international shipping on this board, so I e-mailed All Movie Replicas to ask about customs fees. Customer service responded, and I quote, "Don't worry about the customs fees, we'll take care of it." I got Sauron a couple of weeks later and all seemed okay.
About a month after that, I got a phone call from FedEx Trade Networks telling me that I owed them fees for customs and duties. I told them that AMR had agreed to pay all such fees and forwarded them the e-mail I had gotten from customer service. A month after that, I got an invoice in the mail. A quick phone call to FedEx confirmed that AMR refused to pay the fees and said they were my responsibility. FedEx suggested that I call AMR to speak with a gentleman named Chris. After a lot of hemming and hawing, Chris agreed to pay the fees that his company had already agreed to pay. A month later, I got another invoice from FedEx. When I called this time, they said that they needed a written confirmation from AMR accepting responsibility for the fees. When I wrote AMR bringing this to their attention, their customer service rep responded by saying that they had never agreed to anything in the first place (as if I hadn't seen the other e-mail that said otherwise!) and that Chris had only agreed to pay half the fees when he spoke to me over the phone (as if I hadn't heard otherwise with my own ears!). I wrote back, correcting them as kindly as possible, and never heard from them again.
Calling FedEx again, I spoke with a supervisor who agreed to help my case. She called Chris and once again got him to accept the fees. That was a month ago; today, I got another invoice. According to FedEx, while Chris has agreed to pay the fees, he's been less than forthcoming with payment, and the invoice is in my name. That would be fine, I'll play this game as long as I have to, but now the payment is so far past due that my credit rating is under threat. The longer that weasel refuses to pay, the more danger there is to my financial security.
I'm on FedEx's case about this just about once a day now, as I refuse to speak with any of the liars at AMR again. It's been a source of aggravation for several months now, and if I can help some fellow collectors to avoid similar aggravation from dealing with these people, then let that be the good that comes of this.
I pay import fee's all the time. It is standard practice, when purchasing from outside the UK/Europe.

In your case FedEx delivered the item, and you should pay the bill. You should then attempt to recover the money you paid to FedEx from AllMovieReplicas.com

I am surprised FedEx bothered to get involved, as they have followed standard procedure. It is not FedEx's problem. Normally they offer 28 days to pay, then they pass the issue over to debt collectors.

I am equally surprised you managed to get a seller to pay import fee's.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 07:42 AM   #8
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Going through all this trouble for 25$ is not even worth your time. Just pay and move on.
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 08:51 AM   #9
French Cancan
Deadman

hmm... that first post comes from the past: 04-12- 2006
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 10:03 AM   #10
Peedi
The Secret Six

Almost 14 years ago...I could be wrong, but I’m going to go ahead and assume anyway that he has indeed moved on by now.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote