Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 03-20-2023, 02:00 PM   #11
Mister H
Gen 13

I appreciate the info. After reading these I’m too unsure about reliability to order from them.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 07:24 PM   #12
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Well hopefully we can get someone here who has an actual filled order with some feedback. I see they have "in stock" items and even fairly good sales on that particular merch once in a while.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 07:43 PM   #13
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I appreciate the info. After reading these I?m too unsure about reliability to order from them.
I would hope so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Well hopefully we can get someone here who has an actual filled order with some feedback. I see they have "in stock" items and even fairly good sales on that particular merch once in a while.
And what if they have? I mean a completed order does not a reliable retailer make. Chances are for people not businesses.
We've all had too many bad experiences buying this stuff and no reason to take a risk when there are far more tried and true options. Competition seems to keep prices for competitors not too far from each other. Piece of mind is worth a hundred bucks or a few on a 1-3K purchase.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 10:46 PM   #14
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
I would hope so.

And what if they have? I mean a completed order does not a reliable retailer make. Chances are for people not businesses.
We've all had too many bad experiences buying this stuff and no reason to take a risk when there are far more tried and true options. Competition seems to keep prices for competitors not too far from each other. Piece of mind is worth a hundred bucks or a few on a 1-3K purchase.
I have had good and bad deals with most retailers, so a couple bad reviews alone does not automatically a "bad" retailer make either. If they were a true scammer why give refunds at all? I am still undecided, we just don't have enough info yet.
Old 03-20-2023, 11:32 PM   #15
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
I have had good and bad deals with most retailers, so a couple bad reviews alone does not automatically a "bad" retailer make either. If they were a true scammer why give refunds at all? I am still undecided, we just don't have enough info yet.
And when you do have enough info it is too late.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 06:12 AM   #16
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
And when you do have enough info it is too late.
Maybe, but they have been around for years and I don't see many screaming about getting scammed or that they are happy. Usually, you don't hear from happy customers, but you definitely hear from the unhappy ones. We don't have much of a sample size at all to go by unfortunately.
Old 03-21-2023, 08:04 AM   #17
KLSADAKO
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Anyone remember Hwhouses? they had a very bad rep prob even worse than this one, but they had a item that I wanted and only they had it so I took a risk..
Communication was absolute garbage and everything was so slow, but to my surprise I received the item..

I guess this retailer is in a similar boat in terms of reputation..
Any new orders would be seen as risky..
KLSADAKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 11:40 AM   #18
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLSADAKO View Post
Anyone remember Hwhouses? they had a very bad rep prob even worse than this one, but they had a item that I wanted and only they had it so I took a risk..
Communication was absolute garbage and everything was so slow, but to my surprise I received the item..

I guess this retailer is in a similar boat in terms of reputation..
Any new orders would be seen as risky..
You'll be happy to know they were forced to change their website to hwsanime.com a few months ago due to the lack of communication and general sleaziness of not sending out products consistently for two years. No clue how existing preorders are being handled. Rumor has it some of these Asia stores are getting slammed with lawsuits from one of the big anime companies (Naruto) for selling unlicensed pieces without their permission. FavorGK and Figureace were hit as well. The only places I trust right now are Toyokoku, Avolounge and Game Harbors. They're the only ones that have customer service that gets back within 48 hours, will actually ship your item and will work with you if something gets damaged.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 10:26 PM   #19
capedcrusader73
Doh!

Open Vault Collectibles

They are legit. Just received (2) Iron Studio statues at a Great price! I had to wait thru normal mfg delays, but I got them. Owner David had excellent communication with me, offering a refund if I didn't want to wait any longer. Glad I did.
capedcrusader73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 10:40 PM   #20
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by capedcrusader73 View Post
They are legit. Just received (2) Iron Studio statues at a Great price! I had to wait thru normal mfg delays, but I got them. Owner David had excellent communication with me, offering a refund if I didn't want to wait any longer. Glad I did.
Thanks for taking the time to make this account so you could let us know how your company is doing David! Cheers!
Gyro Zeppeli is online now   Reply With Quote