Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Anime/Manga

Old 10-30-2014, 12:08 AM   #11
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

This just in! Those dwarf characters are each getting a PoP release!

...never releasing buggy mwhahahah
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 01:07 AM   #12
MrYac
Hercules

sadness, but I am pretty happy I have a Kaku coming, he was easily the coolest of all the CP9 guys and the figure looks great
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 02:04 PM   #13
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
Yea I am with you, it is hard to swing these PoP sometimes, they are nice, but for minor characters it is a little expensive for me. I recently had to back off getting the PoP of that blind admiral (forgot his name, the one that is in the donflamingo arc).
haha, Fujitora is awesome though and i'm finding it really hard not to order him. do you have any good places you get PoP's from? I can't find any decent prices for him
Old 11-04-2014, 02:51 PM   #14
Sharkey

I have been getting mine from BBTS. But AmiAmi, HLJ, PlayAsia, Playmoya, and Japan-best are all good. Always nice to look up the specific pieces you are hunting for on myfigurecollection.net as they will have updated pages sometimes linking sales on certain sites (got lucky with a few pieces recently).

And yea it is just kinda hard for me to justify some of the less extravagantly designed characters for the price that PoP's are, even if I do like the character.
Old 11-04-2014, 03:04 PM   #15
MrYac
Hercules

thanks I do a lot of shopping at bigbad but they are pretty expensive for some stuff. and while I do tend to agree I buy so few PoPs that it's not that big of an issue, I've just always loved the blind swordsmen archetype so I may need to grab him.

I wish I would've gotten into PoPs sooner though as it's kind of impossible to build up a decent collection of them now without being rich
Old 11-04-2014, 03:08 PM   #16
Sharkey

Hahah, yea I hear you there.

And really? I find BBTS to be pretty good prices generally. The times that they are higher though are generally when the figures are still only for JP sale and you have to find sites that are ignoring that (sad had to miss so many nice ones on amiami because it was JP only sales for those pieces).

That being said, you CAN find better figure deals on the JP sites and stuff, just because they really try to burn through their stock as they are always getting new stuff in, where as BBTS does not seem to get all figures and does not get them in as soon as they are released.
Old 11-04-2014, 03:12 PM   #17
MrYac
Hercules

overall I love Bigbad though, the pile of loot system is such an awesome feature. do you have any pictures of your collection? I've always been a big One Piece fan but have only recently started considering collecting them so I enjoy seeing what other people have
Old 11-04-2014, 03:21 PM   #18
Sharkey

Yea, the Pile of Loot is my favorite. I am really sad to see it not be similar on other sites, or at least wait till everything from an order comes in instead of shipping separate. I've got a big pile brewing, probably going to wait till end of December/beginning of Jan to ship it. So either a beastly Christmas present or birthday present to myself :P.

And yea I have my collection posted in the collection section. It is titled "Hi Guys!" (really wish I could update that now :/).
Old 11-04-2014, 04:09 PM   #19
MrYac
Hercules

Some cool stuff you've gotten in a short time collecting
Old 11-04-2014, 04:14 PM   #20
Sharkey

I think so. Thanks