Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 03-08-2015, 07:41 PM   #1
TheYoungWolf
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Help in the Alhambra, CA area?

It's a long shot, but I was hoping that someone in the area would be willing to do a fellow member a huge favor. Gallery Nucleus is hosting an event in honor of Avatar: the Last Airbender/The Legend of Korra. There's a print being sold exclusively at the gallery that I'd like to pick up. Only 100 were made, and it's unclear if they've all been sold. As much as I'd like to confirm whether or not that's the case, to avoid wasting anyone's time, I unfortunately have no one to contact about the matter.

Admission to the gallery is $5. I'd be more than happy to compensate for the cost of admission, the print itself as well as a nice extra for going through the trouble.

EXHIBITION LOCATION:
Nucleus
210 E. Main Street
Alhambra, CA 91801

Their Facebook page says they're open from 12pm to 8pm; they'll be reopening on Tuesday.

It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a ton in advance.
TheYoungWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 08:21 PM   #2
TheStig88
The X-Men

+1. I'd be very interested if anyone managed to pick one (or two) up as well (obviously hook up TYW first ). Those ebay prices are getting absolutely nuts. Got the feeling this is going to be a rough one to get in the collection though. What I wouldn't give for a release on the Nickelodeon store or if they had released a certain amount on the gallery site.
TheStig88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 12:58 AM   #3
TheYoungWolf
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

The desperation is strong.

Threw a pretty generous bid into the hat and quite literally got trampled on. I'm in complete awe that that seller just walked away with almost two grand between the two prints.. It's safe to assume that any chances of picking this up for a reasonable price on eBay are out the window.

I'm gonna see if I can get through to somebody over at the gallery to inquire about the likelihood of a second, unnumbered/unsigned edition. Scrambling for some hope here.

I'll keep you updated if I hear/see anything of note, Stig.
Old 03-09-2015, 04:34 AM   #4
TheStig88
The X-Men

$910, $810 and a BIN for $840. Could have booked a flight out there and gone to the gallery myself for that kind of money.

Thought they might end around six, which I might have managed, but that... I don't think so. Guess I'm not really all that surprised given the subject matter of the print, but damn. The Korra(sami) fans have some deep pockets.

Anyways, please do. Might get lucky yet.
Old 03-09-2015, 04:38 AM   #5
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig88 View Post
$910, $810 and a BIN for $840. Could have booked a flight out there and gone to the gallery myself for that kind of money.

Thought they might end around six, which I might have managed, but that... I don't think so. Guess I'm not really all that surprised given the subject matter of the print, but damn. The Korra(sami) fans have some deep pockets.

This is the reason why those prices don't surprise me at all.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 11:35 AM   #6
Luminous
Cyclops

Anyone have a link to an image? Curious to see what the fuss is about.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 01:43 PM   #7
TheStig88
The X-Men

Don't know if you watch the show, but it's a bit of a spoiler, as a heads up.

Spoiler
Only official art of Korra and Asami as a couple. Hence, price.

Old 03-09-2015, 03:02 PM   #8
TheYoungWolf

Quote:

Seriously. It's such a bummer

I guess it's worth noting that this is their first print that was heavily publicized among current event sites online (no doubt, due to the implications of Korrasami) prior to the actual opening, so nearly everyone was aware of it beforehand.

Six is probably where I'd draw the line as well. Put in an offer of $550 for that one priced at $1500 or Best Offer and was promptly declined.. If we're lucky, we'll start to see some more manageable prices when the craziness of the event dies down. Seems overly optimistic, but hey.

Their wording of "First released.." in the item description gives me just enough hope that those who couldn't attend may still have a shot.
Old 03-09-2015, 03:15 PM   #9
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Don't know if you watch the show, but it's a bit of a spoiler, as a heads up.

Spoiler
Only official art of Korra and Asami as a couple. Hence, price.

I'm actually waiting for the last season to hit Blu-ray to catch up. Unfortunately this little detail was already spoiled for me by another site.

So is the subject matter the big draw here? It's a nice image but these prices are absolutely ridiculous.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 03:29 PM   #10
TheStig88
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
I'm actually waiting for the last season to hit Blu-ray to catch up. Unfortunately this little detail was already spoiled for me by another site.

So is the subject matter the big draw here? It's a nice image but these prices are absolutely ridiculous.
Same thing happened to me while waiting to watch up as well heh. But yes, subject matter is most definitely the draw, and speaking of prices, one of the two currently up for auction just spiked to $1500. $1500. Very curious to see if that ends up a legit sale.

Anyways, hope you're right TYW. Been keeping an eye on the numbers on the prints that pop up on ebay. Maybe they're saving 50 for a web release.