Old 03-24-2014, 03:48 AM   #161
Hellsbells51
Nightwing

Updates?
Hellsbells51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 04:58 PM   #162
BLADES OF STEAL
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

I think this guy got his stuff back and all was forgiven.
BLADES OF STEAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:47 PM   #163
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLADES OF STEAL View Post
Old 03-26-2014, 02:57 AM   #164
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLADES OF STEAL View Post
The.... huh?!?
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:45 AM   #165
vinnnie
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
The.... huh?!?
Ditto. What the hell happened? All was forgiven???
vinnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:48 AM   #166
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
Huh??
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:46 AM   #167
monel
Mephisto

Ok Guys keeping you updated to what's been going on. It took forever to get the inventory done on my collection. Total loss on my collection came up to $97,000. $22,000.00 was in blue Rays alone and the rest was my collection which included Bowen Statues, artwork, comic books and Alex Ross canvas pieces. I have been insured for the past 12 years for 125,000 for my collection. I have been fighting with the insurance company. In 2010 we had renewed our homeowner and car insurance over the phone and that was that. We have been with this insurance company for over 12 years with no problems but in 2011 by one month we let our insurance laps by one month and had it renewed and this time I came in and signed the paperwork and the same thing was done for 2013 and they were told to do it for the exact same amount, which was done and then to come find out that they wrote the insurance incorrectly to find out later on that it was only written for $25,000. We have been fighting them since we found out they have written the policy wrong for the incorrect amount and there is no paperwork on their end to say that we changed the dollar amount. So the fight continues. And for the update regarding the theft is that we can not prove who we feel it is, someone we may know, and this person has stolen from another location and has been caught pawning the stolen items at a pawn shop but the cops have not been able to catch him. Even though they have him on film pawning the items it does not prove that he had stolen the items. And in California you have to prove that without reasonable doubt that this person stole from my house and the other victims house even if they have them on film pawning the other victims items it does not mean that he stole it. Thank you for everyone who has reached out to me and offered their assistance some of you in this forum I have talked to and know a little more about what's going on. And yes I do have a lawyer on this. The loss of my collection still hurts for I walk into that room everyday and see the empty walls and shelves. It hurts just like day one. So staring Monday I will begin to rebuild my collection. I have talked to James from Heroic Fine Arts for the past two weeks and he is hunting down the Alex Ross canvas pieces that were stolen to replace. On Wednesday I will be going to Frank and Sons to find Bowen statues. On Friday I will be at Wizard World Anaheim to see what I can find. I am very thankful to Sideshow Collectables for their assistance in replacing some of my premium format statues that have been long sold out. So thank you to all and I will keep you updated when things happen.
monel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:50 AM   #168
monel
Mephisto

And if anyone here knows or has a Factory X Captain America Shield please PM me the info so we can talk about possibly buying it. Again Thank you.
Old 04-14-2014, 01:00 AM   #169
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by monel View Post
Ok Guys keeping you updated to what's been going on. It took forever to get the inventory done on my collection. Total loss on my collection came up to $97,000. $22,000.00 was in blue Rays alone and the rest was my collection which included Bowen Statues, artwork, comic books and Alex Ross canvas pieces. I have been insured for the past 12 years for 125,000 for my collection. I have been fighting with the insurance company. In 2010 we had renewed our homeowner and car insurance over the phone and that was that. We have been with this insurance company for over 12 years with no problems but in 2011 by one month we let our insurance laps by one month and had it renewed and this time I came in and signed the paperwork and the same thing was done for 2013 and they were told to do it for the exact same amount, which was done and then to come find out that they wrote the insurance incorrectly to find out later on that it was only written for $25,000. We have been fighting them since we found out they have written the policy wrong for the incorrect amount and there is no paperwork on their end to say that we changed the dollar amount. So the fight continues. And for the update regarding the theft is that we can not prove who we feel it is, someone we may know, and this person has stolen from another location and has been caught pawning the stolen items at a pawn shop but the cops have not been able to catch him. Even though they have him on film pawning the items it does not prove that he had stolen the items. And in California you have to prove that without reasonable doubt that this person stole from my house and the other victims house even if they have them on film pawning the other victims items it does not mean that he stole it. Thank you for everyone who has reached out to me and offered their assistance some of you in this forum I have talked to and know a little more about what's going on. And yes I do have a lawyer on this. The loss of my collection still hurts for I walk into that room everyday and see the empty walls and shelves. It hurts just like day one. So staring Monday I will begin to rebuild my collection. I have talked to James from Heroic Fine Arts for the past two weeks and he is hunting down the Alex Ross canvas pieces that were stolen to replace. On Wednesday I will be going to Frank and Sons to find Bowen statues. On Friday I will be at Wizard World Anaheim to see what I can find. I am very thankful to Sideshow Collectables for their assistance in replacing some of my premium format statues that have been long sold out. So thank you to all and I will keep you updated when things happen.
That sucks they still haven't found who it is and you now have to battle the insurance company. Hopefully progress is made soon.

On a second note, I probably wouldn't start sinking more money into rebuilding a collection without first investing in a good security system. Just sayin...

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 01:05 AM   #170
monel
Mephisto

I already have invested in a great security system, I had it installed the next day. Thank you for the advice but like I said before this will never happen to me again.