Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 01-15-2013, 05:29 PM   #11
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

They have lost as many times as they have won. In the real battle they are being hammered by Samsung who continuously outsell them. Apple have had to reduce components needed for the ipone 5 they buy from Sharp due to poor demand. There is rumours they will be making a cheaper version.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:58 PM   #12
Underdog07
Hercules

They have won some, they have lost some but the implication that the only reason they were victorious in the US is the proximity of their headquarters to the court (and thus some bias) is patently false
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:30 AM   #13
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I will say this -- I helped Samsung pay part of their lawsuit dues. I bought the Galaxy S3 when the iPhone 5 disappointed me in size and technology advancements.

I wanted a bigger phone and wanted an iPhone -- but the bigger take precedence when Apple cranks out a dinky (yes it is a tad big longer) phone WITH a changed adaptor that matches none of my currently owned Apple gear. Screw that.

I have an iPad and a iPod – but disliked the size, shape, weight and repeated features the iPhone 5 possesses compared to the 4. So I bought the Galaxy. And let me say, the Galaxy is a great phone. I enjoy it a lot, so Samsung keep cranking out what I like and I will keep buying it. Hell, I buy their TVs too most of the time

Apple does have a solid market in tablets though. I don’t see that changing anytime soon. IMO they just need to up their phone game, but without Jobs it could be a while.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:31 AM   #14
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I will say this -- I helped Samsung pay part of their lawsuit dues. I bought the Galaxy S3 when the iPhone 5 disappointed me in size and technology advancements.

I wanted a bigger phone and wanted an iPhone -- but the bigger take precedence when Apple cranks out a dinky (yes it is a tad big longer) phone WITH a changed adaptor that matches none of my currently owned Apple gear. Screw that.

I have an iPad and a iPod – but disliked the size, shape, weight and repeated features the iPhone 5 possesses compared to the 4. So I bought the Galaxy. And let me say, the Galaxy is a great phone. I enjoy it a lot, so Samsung keep cranking out what I like and I will keep buying it. Hell, I buy their TVs too most of the time

Apple does have a solid market in tablets though. I don’t see that changing anytime soon. IMO they just need to up their phone game, but without Jobs it could be a while.
I'm in the same boat, loyal Android user for 3 generations now. Just recently got the S3 and it's a phenomenal phone. I have no idea why people are so loyal to their iPhones unless it is solely because they like the integration with all their other Apple products. Technologically, it is always two steps behind the best Android phones at all times.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:13 PM   #15
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

I have had my iPhone4 for about a year now and I have to agree that the wee little size of the screen is one of the biggest issues I have with it. My wife has an Android and the screen is huge compared to mine. The only thing that is convenient for the iPHone is more ways to contact my kids: texting (and knowing when they have read it) along with Facetime.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:19 AM   #16
michaelgloch
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog07 View Post
Ah. Last time I bothered following this their US win was the only one they had gotten.

And as for the location of the courtroom being close to their headquarters not suggesting bias-how about Apple getting hammered during their attempted lawsuit in Korea? I find both instances suggestive. Home field advantage applies virtually everywhere.
michaelgloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:39 PM   #17
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelgloch View Post
Fascinating that the only place Apple has actually won a lawsuit against Samsung is the one held in a courtroom a few miles from their headquarters.
Very curious indeed.
Makkari1 is offline   Reply With Quote