Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 11-02-2008, 10:32 PM   #1
ratchet
Mandarin

How do you...?

display your art?

Does anyone frame their original stuff? If so, what precautions do you take to make sure no damage is done overtime?

Thanks guys!
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 12:11 AM   #2
Fat Head
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

I store a lot in portfolios, but I have a couple pieces framed. I love to display my art, but it eats into the money I spend on the art itself. I buy the frames and put it all together myself, so I save some money, but it's still not that cheap.

When you frame, you absolutely MUST use acid free materials. The glass (or plexiglass) needs to be UV filtered and conservative grade (museum quality). The backing should be acid free foam board, and the matting needs to be acid free as well. If you do not use that stuff, your artwork will deteriorate and yellow.

check out hollywoodposterframes.com

even if you don't buy anything from there, the site is chock full of information that will answer just about all your questions. I just ordered 2 frames from there and I am very happy with the quality, and they were also the cheapest I found. I'll be getting my frames from them from now on.
Fat Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 07:30 AM   #3
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Look at some of the past posts in this thread to see how people display their arwork also. There are some pretty cool ways people have done it in regards to how it looks.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 11:21 AM   #4
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Head View Post
I store a lot in portfolios, but I have a couple pieces framed. I love to display my art, but it eats into the money I spend on the art itself. I buy the frames and put it all together myself, so I save some money, but it's still not that cheap.

When you frame, you absolutely MUST use acid free materials. The glass (or plexiglass) needs to be UV filtered and conservative grade (museum quality). The backing should be acid free foam board, and the matting needs to be acid free as well. If you do not use that stuff, your artwork will deteriorate and yellow.

check out hollywoodposterframes.com

even if you don't buy anything from there, the site is chock full of information that will answer just about all your questions. I just ordered 2 frames from there and I am very happy with the quality, and they were also the cheapest I found. I'll be getting my frames from them from now on.
Thanks for all the help!
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote