Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2021, 11:45 AM   #31
XIIIWARRIOR
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Unfortunately most everyone knows that’s unlikely as most profit businesses will look for ways to shave costs. And producing locally in ‘richer’ countries will almost always be more expensive, which is why so much manufacturing activities have moved offshore (probably to the detriment of many countries) to lower cost countries. And those that haven’t are probably being subsided or receiving other assistance by their governments. China had their decades in the sun, but that seems to be ending. But that doesn’t mean it’ll move to local production, as they’ll just pivot to other low cost countries.
Thank you for a great answer and for not being rude. Appreciate it. Money is a big issue and I hate when some say or believe it's impossible! Nothing is impossible if you have the money. I know there are some states that have tax incentives. I mean, look what Elon Musk is doing. Look what Trump tried to do with Samsung & Apple but fell threw. It's not impossible but also...how large of a factory would one need to produce statues?!
Old 10-18-2021, 11:49 AM   #32
XIIIWARRIOR
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
This is so spot on.

A lot of the same people that say “I want it made in the USA. Stop shipping XYZ to China and overseas” all are the same that complain a man American made t-shirt costs $20 and that we shouldn’t raise minimum wage. Do they think factory workers in this country should work for pennies in sweatshop conditions? I don’t. And I’m not complaining anymore about China making everything.

The generation before mine set that monster in motion, created their mass economic growth and now it can’t be stopped. I’m just sitting here in my 40s trying to stay out of the fray and save for retirement.

One of the few things I will get on my soap box about is Big Pharma and Healthcare. There is no damn excuse except pure greed for our monsterously f’ed system.
I don't mind paying more if made in the USA. As a matter of fact, now that I think about it..I do pay more. But I don't ----- about it like some do. I'm proud to keep it USA. I have -----ed about the shipping costs for my Red Sonja costing like close to $800
Old 10-18-2021, 12:05 PM   #33
qz33
Rescue

It has more to do with individuals' decisions as a collective than the decisions of any collective of individuals.

There are some people that absolutely will NOT shop at Walmart because of this very issue... but for many more, if not most, if they can save $25-$50 on their weekly consumables then they shop wherever that is.
Old 10-18-2021, 12:22 PM   #34
ivory7777
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Most people will buyer product that are cheaper, they wont care where it is made.

most company will get their stuff made from other country like China because they don't care anything but saving money. that is why when you call customer service for many business, some one from india will pick up. items are made in China, india, pakistan, etc. the shipping increase is still less compare to payment they will give to individual workers.

and im not an expert on taxes or benefits or health care, but over sea workers i don't think they need to worry about that.

there were many chinese Muslims were sent to education camp and from there they were forced to work for factory like Nike. when the news broke out here, Nike sad they had no idea about it. next thing you know not many cared.
Old 10-18-2021, 12:23 PM   #35
Mister H
Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Unfortunately most everyone knows that’s unlikely as most profit businesses will look for ways to shave costs. And producing locally in ‘richer’ countries will almost always be more expensive, which is why so much manufacturing activities have moved offshore (probably to the detriment of many countries) to lower cost countries. And those that haven’t are probably being subsided or receiving other assistance by their governments. China had their decades in the sun, but that seems to be ending. But that doesn’t mean it’ll move to local production, as they’ll just pivot to other low cost countries.
Does unlikely mean impossible or does it just mean unlikely? I know where you're coming from there and I agree but there are always ways to improve things. Prices would be a bit higher for a while until we built the production infrastructure needed.
Old 10-18-2021, 12:58 PM   #36
XIIIWARRIOR
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
Companies like Wal mart etc... are to blame along with corrupt politicians who give them every legal and financial advantage, small businesses cannot compete period. And "raising the minimum wage" does zero to help the actual struggling people when inflation simply drives your dollar down as businesses cost go up, perhaps if things were made in America and a few big companies and banks didnt control everything, maybe smaller companies would charge more for their products, but would also have higher wage earners working for them and your dollar would go farther, it actually used to be this way

Spot on!
Old 10-18-2021, 12:59 PM   #37
XIIIWARRIOR
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Does unlikely mean impossible or does it just mean unlikely? I know where you're coming from there and I agree but there are always ways to improve things. Prices would be a bit higher for a while until we built the production infrastructure needed.
THIS!!!
Old 10-18-2021, 02:10 PM   #38
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Useless luxury items should be most eligible for Chinese production.

The only way manufacturing of intrinsic valued goods comes back to this country is through automation which is about to catch fire in the next couple decades. Think of A.I not as artificial but more automated intelligence.

Ahh good to seen you make an appearance. Always you and Shogun with the laser cutting posts.
Good point about automation. There's no way to play catch-up with industrial age techniques, there would have to be some sort of technological paradigm shift in the way manufacturing is done. And even then it's unlikely, because whatever tech is available to us is also available to China.
Old 10-18-2021, 02:19 PM   #39
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivory7777 View Post
Most people will buyer product that are cheaper, they wont care where it is made.

most company will get their stuff made from other country like China because they don't care anything but saving money. that is why when you call customer service for many business, some one from india will pick up. items are made in China, india, pakistan, etc. the shipping increase is still less compare to payment they will give to individual workers.
This I agree with. All of the people who claim they'd pay more to bring manufacturing back to North America don't see the full costs associated with manufacturing at China's scale, whether they be the costs to human capital, the environment, etc, nor are they taking into account how devastating the rising costs for all products across the board would be.

This was something that needed to be addressed 30 years ago, when we weren't printing money to solve all our problems, when interest rates weren't at zero, real estate wasn't inflated (major cities), and most people weren't leveraging their lives to the max with cheap credit. It's too late to stop this train.
Old 10-18-2021, 02:49 PM   #40
Mister H
Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
This I agree with. All of the people who claim they'd pay more to bring manufacturing back to North America don't see the full costs associated with manufacturing at China's scale, whether they be the costs to human capital, the environment, etc, nor are they taking into account how devastating the rising costs for all products across the board would be.

This was something that needed to be addressed 30 years ago, when we weren't printing money to solve all our problems, when interest rates weren't at zero, real estate wasn't inflated (major cities), and most people weren't leveraging their lives to the max with cheap credit. It's too late to stop this train.

So just keep everything like it is?
Closed Thread