Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 10-18-2021, 12:19 PM   #1231
SDguy

I'm hoping she looks OK diagonally on this shelf.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210418_161722.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	378.9 KB
ID:	143348  
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 01:08 PM   #1232
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I may complain about the eyes, but the details and care taken with the suit are aces.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 01:30 PM   #1233
gra007
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
The eyes and eyeshadow look terrible to me. Nothing like Michelle or the proto. How this made it through QC approval by Chad is beyond me. It might be a cancel from me.
I was wondering this about the eyeshadow too, until I realized that every photo on Sideshow's site says "Pending Licensor Approval" on the bottom. So, I'm wondering if WB said to lighten up on the eyeshadow. Chad may not have had a say in the matter.

If that's the case, maybe companies need to stop showing things before they're approved. Every time I'm excited for a piece, then see "Pending" I calm my expectations down. For this Catwoman though, that "Pending" warning is unbelievably small.

Personally, I'm OK with the change, since I thought it was a bit heavy on the prototype, but when you're spending over $500, I think there should be a bit more transparency that the final product may still change, or that they should show updated photos before putting it up for sale.
gra007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 01:34 PM   #1234
md99
Fantastic Four

I'll have her in about 16 hours. Provided somebody doesn't post pics in the meantime are there any specific shots you guys want?
md99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 01:46 PM   #1235
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by md99 View Post
I'll have her in about 16 hours. Provided somebody doesn't post pics in the meantime are there any specific shots you guys want?
I would just like to see how her face looks when lit from above, the way many of us will have her.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 02:39 PM   #1236
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by gra007 View Post
I was wondering this about the eyeshadow too, until I realized that every photo on Sideshow's site says "Pending Licensor Approval" on the bottom. So, I'm wondering if WB said to lighten up on the eyeshadow. Chad may not have had a say in the matter.

If that's the case, maybe companies need to stop showing things before they're approved. Every time I'm excited for a piece, then see "Pending" I calm my expectations down. For this Catwoman though, that "Pending" warning is unbelievably small.

Personally, I'm OK with the change, since I thought it was a bit heavy on the prototype, but when you're spending over $500, I think there should be a bit more transparency that the final product may still change, or that they should show updated photos before putting it up for sale.
It wasn't heavy on the proto.

Her eyes brows are wider and her eyes were heavily lined and smoked out.

I think I am going to print decals of her actual eyes and use them on the statue. The decals TH choose from the beginning didn't make sense.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 03:41 PM   #1237
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Just got around to checking my shipping, mine is out on the move. Will be here by Thursday!
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 04:06 PM   #1238
gra007
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
It wasn't heavy on the proto.
I said it was my personal opinion that it was heavier. Her eyeshadow is actually some blue with the eyes lined in black, and they seemed to have used a heavier black overall. Big difference between eyeliner and eyeshadow. I'm just theorizing that this is maybe why the production piece is lighter, that WB might have thought it was heavier too.

I'll find out for myself shortly. Mine should be here within the hour.
gra007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 05:29 PM   #1239
ukshaun
Hercules

I had a thought. Shouldn't the staples that hold the outfit together really be silver?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 05:31 PM   #1240
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I had a thought. Shouldn't the staples that hold the outfit together really be silver?
The outfit is held together by white thread not staples.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote