Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 09-09-2015, 08:54 AM   #1521
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
i would imagine the paint application would look very similar to the 1:1 bust. Same character, probably the same factory and i'm assuming it would be the same paint.

Apparently not...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
The 1/4 is a different factory, the paint should look just like the paint masters we've shown at several shows.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 09:38 AM   #1522
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Cool
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 10:10 AM   #1523
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
Yes I think the pic is from the 1:1.
I don't see why the 1:1 full endo should be different than 1:1 skull or 1:4 endo, doesn't make any sense. They're the same figure, in different scales.
If it's about the fact that one is made in China and the other in the US, honestly, doesn't really hold as a justification.
It was already said that the paint will not be the same. Something to do with not being able to import the right paint into China. Can't imagine why, we should have stricter regulations here, but that was the info given.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 10:47 AM   #1524
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

It probably has less to do with strictness and more to do with dumb and dumber. Not that America is free of it's own dumb and dumber moments, of course.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 12:03 PM   #1525
kevin2323
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
Yes I think the pic is from the 1:1.
I don't see why the 1:1 full endo should be different than 1:1 skull or 1:4 endo, doesn't make any sense. They're the same figure, in different scales.
If it's about the fact that one is made in China and the other in the US, honestly, doesn't really hold as a justification.
really? you think something made in china and in the US are the same?

yeah no point in this discussion then.

i agree you should expect the best from china but compare it to the PROTO not the 1:1 that is made in a different country and cost a significant amount more. the 1:1 is also limited to 100. all 3 pieces are from different factories as well.

but like i said no point in debating if US=CHINA in terms of quality and paint apps.
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 12:10 PM   #1526
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post

i agree you should expect the best from china but compare it to the PROTO not the 1:1 that is made in a different country and cost a significant amount more. the 1:1 is also limited to 100. all 3 pieces are from different factories as well.

but like i said no point in debating if US=CHINA in terms of quality and paint apps.
you think the U.S. is superior to China in terms of quality then?
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 12:18 PM   #1527
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post

Someone mentioned the Star Wars replica, right in the other thread, the ones made in the US have the same quality of the ones from China, while being substantially more expensive.
If you think there isn't excellence in China, you're dead wrong. They have a ton more experience thanks to the volumes they're cranking out. I have yet to see a single proof of US production being superior without the price increase going through the roof, and at that point I can buy an unpainted copy from China and have it painted by a pro here with the same results and price.
All these talks about US production only matter on very small runs (like the 1:1 endo) and the fact that it's going to have a more strict QC. I can accept that local production has a better supervision than a chinese factory, won't argue about it, but thinking that a chinese factory can't nail the paint app just because it's not US... sorry, that's a whole other thing.
Endo Cinemaquette was made in China, just to say.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 03:09 PM   #1528
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

What happens if they're made in the U.S by Chinese workers?

Doesn't bare thinking about.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 04:58 PM   #1529
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Dunno man....after thinking about the Hot Tyos 1/4 endo I have, why are not more of these just metal (basically) to begin with? Why are we painting resin, etc to make it look like metal?

HT endo was about the same price.

There something I am missing? Is the HT not metal/diecast/whatever?
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 05:06 PM   #1530
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by PermaGrin View Post
Dunno man....after thinking about the Hot Tyos 1/4 endo I have, why are not more of these just metal (basically) to begin with? Why are we painting resin, etc to make it look like metal?

HT endo was about the same price.

There something I am missing? Is the HT not metal/diecast/whatever?
if something is die cast it doesn't mean it's made of metal, it means it's been cast in a metal die making each 'pull' more accurate (as opposed to make a resin cast in a silicone mold).
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote