Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Great pictures. He looks fantastic.
onesixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 01:34 PM   #252
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Finally got around to taking some pictures. #063 has no breakage or paint issues that I can find. Thanks to built2shred for tips on putting it all together. I can see where I may have broken one of the stirrups if I hadn't read on here about how to place it all correctly. I was originally planning to display with the classic head but I like the underwater movement on his hair with the beard better personally. I may switch it up from time to time though.

Spoiler

1:6 size comparison with TH Superman.

Looks awesome, congrats...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 08:59 PM   #253
slow17motion
The Spirit

Stirrup placement is easy if the chain is correct. But I didn't break mine, it was split while still in the packaging. However, easy fix. Barely noticeable.
slow17motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 11:08 AM   #254
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

It's really a shame that this line didn't take off as much as it should have. You can't even compare the Tweeterhead statutes to these, the level of detail XM did for this 1:6 line is unheard of. Maybe XM needs to up their marketing budget? Did customers even know that this was licensed in the US?
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 12:28 PM   #255
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

XM took forever to start shipping their 1/6 statues while TH already had several available. Also, XM's 1/6 statues are considerably more than TH's, and that's before the higher XM shipping is included. The detail in XM's statues is considerable, but you're definitely paying for it.

Personally, I like the classic look TH is doing for their Super Powers line over most of the Rebirth costumes XM is using.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 12:38 PM   #256
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

XM’s line seems pretty successful to me, comparatively speaking at least. Edition sizes are in line or higher than most TH statues in the same scale. If anything has hurt the line it’s XM’s penchant to produce large bases that in some cases are more elaborate than the character themselves driving up the cost. This is nothing new however as XM has made a name for themselves for being ambitious in this area and it drives a lot of their fanbase.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 12:54 PM   #257
jeremydmc
Black Panther

The detail, finish and quality of this Aquaman is making me seriously think about getting Mera. The bases are very big. They take up as much room as 2 TH statues. So I am having trouble getting Mera as well since I am already set on getting Supergirl. It's a lot of shelf real estate. LOL
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 01:07 PM   #258
built2shred
Phoenix

XM 1:6 Wonder Woman takes up as much room as Sideshow 1:4 Wonder Woman, that being said, i still prefer XM's base over SS...

EDIT: After breaking out the tape measure it seems XM WW has a smaller footprint than SS 1:4 WW, XM footprint is roughly the same size as TW WW footprint... Of course this all varies from statue to statue...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 01:26 PM   #259
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
XM took forever to start shipping their 1/6 statues while TH already had several available. Also, XM's 1/6 statues are considerably more than TH's, and that's before the higher XM shipping is included. The detail in XM's statues is considerable, but you're definitely paying for it.

Personally, I like the classic look TH is doing for their Super Powers line over most of the Rebirth costumes XM is using.
But the shipping to the US for this line was very low? I received the Flash for $430 through Specfiction with free shipping.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 02:02 PM   #260
onesixth
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

IMHO XM started really strong with great pricing on the Flash, WW, Superman and Aquaman, but the GL, Lobo, Darkseid became too expensive (granted they are more elaborate / bigger) and I felt a little betrayed. Batman and Harley too wavered in their pricing.

I really hope XM continues with the initial pricing range (SGD 599) and maintains uniformity for the rest of the line-up (Red Hood, Bizarro) to enable collectors to continue with the line.

Anyone knows what is the price range of the Shazam and Black Adam?
onesixth is offline   Reply With Quote