Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 02-28-2006, 01:16 AM   #11
Curt Chiarelli
Sculptor
Sculptor

Location: California, the world's largest outdoor free-range insane asylum.
Ah, the Clowns in Brown are at it again . . . . Feral Rejects and the United States Postal Stooges have all screwed me royally at some point or another. It's like being stuck between Scylla and Charybdis. You just can't win. Sometimes I think my packages would be better off going Pony Express.
Curt Chiarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 01:52 AM   #12
Synergy
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt Chiarelli
Ah, the Clowns in Brown are at it again . . . . Feral Rejects and the United States Postal Stooges have all screwed me royally at some point or another. It's like being stuck between Scylla and Charybdis. You just can't win. Sometimes I think my packages would be better off going Pony Express.
You would most likely find the pony express cheaper as well
Synergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 02:43 AM   #13
Curt Chiarelli
Sculptor
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy
You would most likely find the pony express cheaper as well
And with less damage too, no doubt!
Old 02-28-2006, 03:04 AM   #14
Synergy
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
And with less damage too, no doubt!

and the delivery will be on time and to the right person ,as the mail, will always get through
Synergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 04:35 AM   #15
boondocksaint
Painter / Troublemaker
Producer

Quote:

were not all stooges....
maybe the post office can hire you to teach all of us stooges how to be PERFECT!
boondocksaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 05:44 AM   #16
Curt Chiarelli
Sculptor
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by boondocksaint
were not all stooges....
maybe the post office can hire you to teach all of us stooges how to be PERFECT!

If you'd be honest you'd admit that the poor reputation of the USPS is certainly justified in many cases. I stand by my criticisms based upon experience.

My favourite USPS horror story concerns my neighbourhood mail delievery person who was caught by the Feds with about 350 lbs. of undelivered mail in his home. Over the course of his short career, instead of delivering the mail, he horded it and was violating the privacy of the people on his route by reading their letters. And here all my friends assumed that I was just being a callous asshole by forgetting to send them their Christmas and birthday greetings.

And then there was the time I lived in the Sunset District of San Francisco. The mail courriers were actually forced to work Sundays (yes, you are reading this correctly) as punishment for some colossal f**k-ups that they perpetrated.

My experiences with the USPS have been downhill ever since, hovering somewhere between subpar and abyssmal.

I couldn't teach you anything about perfection because I have no claims to being perfect, but as someone with a strong work ethic I sure in the Hell could teach you boys something about doing your best consistantly without making lame excuses.
Old 02-28-2006, 06:31 AM   #17
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Hey I work for UPS and I agree. UPS sucks!
I much prefer USPS to deliver stuff, but hate them when it comes to trying to resolve damages, where as UPS or FedEx will fix it with compensation or full reimbursement without much hassle like USPS. But yeah USPS when I send out stuff.
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 08:26 AM   #18
boondocksaint
Painter / Troublemaker
Producer

Quote:
If you'd be honest you'd admit that the poor reputation of the USPS is certainly justified in many cases. I stand by my criticisms based upon experience.

My favourite USPS horror story concerns my neighbourhood mail delievery person who was caught by the Feds with about 350 lbs. of undelivered mail in his home. Over the course of his short career, instead of delivering the mail, he horded it and was violating the privacy of the people on his route by reading their letters. And here all my friends assumed that I was just being a callous asshole by forgetting to send them their Christmas and birthday greetings.

And then there was the time I lived in the Sunset District of San Francisco. The mail courriers were actually forced to work Sundays (yes, you are reading this correctly) as punishment for some colossal f**k-ups that they perpetrated.

My experiences with the USPS have been downhill ever since, hovering somewhere between subpar and abyssmal.

I couldn't teach you anything about perfection because I have no claims to being perfect, but as someone with a strong work ethic I sure in the Hell could teach you boys something about doing your best consistantly without making lame excuses.

blah blah blah,,,,,,,,,,lighten up dude i was joking.,,,,,,,geez...
Old 02-28-2006, 06:59 PM   #19
Curt Chiarelli
Sculptor
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by boondocksaint
blah blah blah,,,,,,,,,,lighten up dude i was joking.,,,,,,,geez...

Nice little backpedal you performed there . . . . Lighten up? Who's the defeatist/Nihlist here on these boards?
Old 02-28-2006, 07:30 PM   #20
boondocksaint
Painter / Troublemaker
Producer

Quote:
Nice little backpedal you performed there . . . . Lighten up? Who's the defeatist/Nihlist here on these boards?

whatever,,,i dont need to backpedal...i was joking in my first and second posts....again you show how uptight you are and you cant take a joke...lighten up guy....

i hear people criticising the post office and ups and fed ex all the time...why would i get upset at YOU insulting the post office?