Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music > Audio/Video Sales & Hot Deals Links

Old 12-16-2014, 06:51 PM   #2851
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
At prices like that, they're just begging people to download films for free. Blurays should be priced between $5-$15. Once you go higher, people will consider other options, i.e., buying it secondhand, waiting for the price to go down, downloading it, seeing it on cable...
Exactly. I'm not paying more than $15 for it. No way. I thought for sure they would have it on sale for black friday but nope. Unbelievable.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 12:22 PM   #2852
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
Update:

For those of you who ordered yesterday from Amazon, if you contact them they will refund you the $2.03 difference.
Thanks. Just got my partial refund.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 02:13 PM   #2853
darkdealx
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Just scored 'The Wolf of Wall Street' steelbook.
darkdealx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 09:40 PM   #2854
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Sons Of Anarchy complete series is on super sale on Amazon. It's almost 70% off. $99.99. Today only.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 01:04 AM   #2855
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Ridley Scott's The Counselor is on sale for $5 at Amazon price matching Walmart. I haven't seen this but am considering blind buying due to the price as well as the fact that it includes an extended cut of the film which is supposedly superior to the theatrical cut. Seems to be par for the course with RS films, any thoughts about this from anyone who's seen it?
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 03:23 AM   #2856
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

The Counselor isn't bad but it certainly isn't one of RS's better films. A lot of people were put off by the dark subject matter and complex narrative. I liked it. Can't say that I feel compelled to own it however, and RS is my favorite Director. Think I gave it a 6 or a 6.5/10.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 06:31 PM   #2857
Marvelito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
The Counselor isn't bad but it certainly isn't one of RS's better films. A lot of people were put off by the dark subject matter and complex narrative. I liked it. Can't say that I feel compelled to own it however, and RS is my favorite Director. Think I gave it a 6 or a 6.5/10.
Good to know. The deal's over anyway and I slept on it, I'll just give this a rent at some point. I remember word of mouth wasn't great on this at the time so I just let it slip by. Ridley's been having a rough go of it for his last few flicks hasn't he?
Old 01-08-2015, 07:08 PM   #2858
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

The Counselor is a polarizing film. I'm surprised to see someone give it an average score. It's usually really liked, or totally hated.

I would suggest that "Ridley Scott" is largely irrelevant to this movie. More important, in my opinion, is what you think of Cormac McCarthy.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 08:25 PM   #2859
Marvelito

I am not familiar with McCarthy's written work, but rather his work that's been adapted for film. I loved No Country For Old Men, but while I thought The Road was very well done, I found it so bleak that I'd probably not revisit it. In the end both worth worth seeing though. I'll definitely have to see this for myself, but I may not need to add it to the collection.
Old 01-08-2015, 08:29 PM   #2860
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
Good to know. The deal's over anyway and I slept on it, I'll just give this a rent at some point. I remember word of mouth wasn't great on this at the time so I just let it slip by. Ridley's been having a rough go of it for his last few flicks hasn't he?
Yeah, he has. That said I loved Prometheus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
The Counselor is a polarizing film. I'm surprised to see someone give it an average score. It's usually really liked, or totally hated.

I would suggest that "Ridley Scott" is largely irrelevant to this movie. More important, in my opinion, is what you think of Cormac McCarthy.
Fair point. To be clear though a 6 or a 6.5/10 is above average, average would be a 5/10, at least to me anyway. So I did like it, just didn't love it and it failed to hit that magic number for me in regards to considering a purchase which is a 7/10.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote