Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-17-2014, 01:57 PM   #101
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post
I saw it today and LOVED it!

It was nonstop from beginning to end. Big thumbs up!
While I assumed it would be this way, I'm glad to see it confirmed because the first two in the series suffered from serious dry spells.

While I won't get to it this weekend, my BF and I hope to check it out within the week
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 01:26 AM   #102
Sithlord32
New Republic

The movie was excellent. Far better than the previous two.
Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 01:51 AM   #103
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Just got back...EPIC is the word! I've enjoyed them all, and this one was no exception. Incredible battles, amazing costumes, visuals, just a fabulous movie experience. I hope so much that we get to go back to Middle Earth with Peter Jackson again to see the Silmarillion on film...
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 03:15 AM   #104
AsOneDead
You got red on you

Did you guys see it in 3D?
AsOneDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 07:41 AM   #105
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsOneDead View Post
Did you guys see it in 3D?
I did, and it added nothing more to the movie, but then again when does it ever?
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 09:00 AM   #106
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

This film in Imax 3D was insane. Completely immersive. The trilogy would have been perfect as two films. The filler in the first two tempered my excitement for this one but the 2 hours of battle scenes made up for some of the redundant stretches of the first films.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 02:57 AM   #107
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

So, not much discussion about this film yet, and it's been out for four going on five days in the USA. Is it that people don't care for it, or is it that not very many people on this board have seen it? I know there have been some negative posts, and feelings about the Hobbit films in general, but I feel that this one is really enjoyable, and I'm curious to hear what more people thought about it...
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 09:08 PM   #108
Gruson
Suicide Squad

It was greatness.

Loved the first Hobbit movie.
Thought the second one was just ok...hated the cheesy barrel sequence, port/city characters, and Smaug sequence was way too long and boring.
Love the third Hobbit movie. Azog and his son battle were great. Much more serious tone throughout movie.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 06:20 PM   #109
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I finally saw it yesterday. It wasn't bad, but it was far from perfect. I loved the battle sequences and Thorin's character development the most.

My biggest gripe was the romance between Tauriel and Kili. It seemed so forced and awkward.
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 03:44 PM   #110
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Caught the show this weekend.

I agree with the consensus that it was better than the first two but "epic" is not a term I can put on this movie.

I cringed every time the love story came on. I rolled my eyes everytime they went back stupid Alfrid came on the screen. It's plots like that which took away the magic from me that came with the first triology. There were no cringe worthy moments for me in those movies. I grew to love the Fellowship and cared what happened to them. I got choked up and shed a tear in many parts of those movies.

Can't say anywhere near that emotional investment was made for me with this band of Dwarves and their burglar. The acting was great from all of them, loved the Elves, and Galdolf and the like but I would have been so much happier without the fluff.

Oh and at the end, when Thorin is fighting Azog and all Azog does is keep swinging the "mace" I wanted to scream! Why in the world would he keep using it when it wasn't working and he has a sword built onto his arm?!

Ok, rant over
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote