Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-11-2014, 08:17 PM   #1
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Ascension (SyFy Series)

Ascension Official Trailer #1 (2014) - Syfy TV Series HD - YouTube

The SyFy mini series Ascension premieres on Monday, December 15. There are total 6 episodes and they will air two episodes each night for three consecutive nights.

I am digging the premise.

From wiki:

"Ascension is inspired by the real-life Project Orion that existed under the administration of President John F. Kennedy. The show sets up an alternate version of reality in which, in 1963, President Kennedy and the U.S. government, fearing the Cold War will become hot and lead to the destruction of the Earth, decided to launch a covert space mission. They sent 600 men, women and children into space on a century-long voyage aboard the USS Ascension, a massive, self-sustaining generation ship. Their mission is to colonize Proxima Centauri, assuring the survival of the human race. Nearly 50 years into the journey (i.e. in the present), as they approach the point of no return, the mysterious murder of a young woman — the first homicide since their departure— causes the ship's crew to question the true nature of their mission."
Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 09:50 AM   #2
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Ascension mini series was some good entertainment with quite a few surprises. With that neat ending, there are lot of possibilities now. I hope the series gets picked up.
Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 11:49 AM   #3
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

I didn't much care for this show. The twist at the end of the first night ruined it for me. After that it became basically a soap opera with a few actions scenes thrown in here and there for good measure. I stopped watching after the second night.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 09:53 PM   #4
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I have it on DVR. I'll check it out. I recall the show's schedule changed a few times. Sounds like early reception was poor.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote