Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Diamond Select

Old 03-25-2015, 01:23 PM   #421
RedSiren
Frackin!

I've got a Magdalena, but no Darkness yet (another thats on my to-get list!)

I started with the ladies

I was going to say, there was a post earlier in the thread with a Magdalena that I really want with the archway backdrop - then realised it was actually one of yours! Love it!

This is the version I have

RedSiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 01:36 PM   #422
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSiren View Post
I've got a Magdalena, but no Darkness yet (another thats on my to-get list!)

I started with the ladies

I was going to say, there was a post earlier in the thread with a Magdalena that I really want with the archway backdrop - then realised it was actually one of yours! Love it!

This is the version I have

Yep I debated over the 2 versions for a long while, but I prefer her normal black clothes. The red one is still fantastic though, and does take up significantly less space.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 01:52 PM   #423
RedSiren
Frackin!

I'm the same, I really do like designs that I'm used to seeing from the comics I'd consider variations in the future but I wanted 'normal clothes' ones as a base to start with (apart from Emerald Varient Angelus which I didn't think about for too long before buying and resulted in a month of eating nothing but rice and beans to pay for lol!)

I've wanted an Aphrodite IX since forever but trying to find the brown skirt version that can be shipped to the UK is tricky
Old 03-25-2015, 01:59 PM   #424
Sharkey

Quote:
I'm the same, I really do like designs that I'm used to seeing from the comics I'd consider variations in the future but I wanted 'normal clothes' ones as a base to start with (apart from Emerald Varient Angelus which I didn't think about for too long before buying and resulted in a month of eating nothing but rice and beans to pay for lol!)

I've wanted an Aphrodite IX since forever but trying to find the brown skirt version that can be shipped to the UK is tricky
If you have issues with getting someone to ship to the UK I can help you out and have it shipped to me then I'll ship it your way if they refuse to do so.
Old 03-25-2015, 03:01 PM   #425
RedSiren
Frackin!

Thanks mate! I'm always keeping an eye on Ebay, if any come up that the seller is US only I may take you up on that offer

I've been very lucky so far with Angelus coming from California and Magdalena from North Carolina (though that was with Ebay's global shipping program so it took an age to arrive - tend to avoid GSP listings now!)

The only one I managed to find in the UK at the time was Witchblade.

Local comic book stores just don't have these kinds of things in stock here the ones that do (understandably) only sell whats popular in the mainstream.
Old 03-25-2015, 03:14 PM   #426
Sharkey

Quote:
Thanks mate! I'm always keeping an eye on Ebay, if any come up that the seller is US only I may take you up on that offer

I've been very lucky so far with Angelus coming from California and Magdalena from North Carolina (though that was with Ebay's global shipping program so it took an age to arrive - tend to avoid GSP listings now!)

The only one I managed to find in the UK at the time was Witchblade.

Local comic book stores just don't have these kinds of things in stock here the ones that do (understandably) only sell whats popular in the mainstream.
Yea I was definitely against shipping international originally, but recently did some for a friend and it was pretty much effortless. Yea I had to fill out a customs page, but that was all the extra work.

I had always thought it would be a huge hassle or something so didn't want to bother, but now as long as the person doesn't mind the shipping costs then it is a non issue for me.

There are some nice groups on facebook that do B/S/T (both global and euro). I haven't seen a Magdelena in a long time, but it is possible and you could always ask and someone might be up for getting rid of theirs.
Old 03-25-2015, 05:28 PM   #427
RedSiren
Frackin!

Haha yeah I brace myself for a butt clench every time high value items pass through customs. The two Angelus' were painful to receive, until I got them out and decided it was worth it

So glad we spoke, joined some groups this evening! (my first FB groups ever! )

Fingers crossed Aphrodite IX pops up on them too, really got my heart set on the original rather than AP. Just go to be patient I suppose
Old 03-25-2015, 05:33 PM   #428
Sharkey

Quote:
Haha yeah I brace myself for a butt clench every time high value items pass through customs. The two Angelus' were painful to receive, until I got them out and decided it was worth it

So glad we spoke, joined some groups this evening! (my first FB groups ever! )

Fingers crossed Aphrodite IX pops up on them too, really got my heart set on the original rather than AP. Just go to be patient I suppose
Haha, yea they were for me too. I just found out about them through a friend a month or so ago.

And feel free to post a picture and ask people, if nothing else they might know someone that has one and tag them so that they see the post.

I'm crossing my fingers for XM's Top Cow line to fill in the gaps in my Witchblade-universe of statues. Preferably Sejic like inspiration, but all of the artists in the books (with the exception of some of the recent random talent search artists that have been doing recent issues) have done a great job on all the characters. I could easily have an entire section just of different Witchblade/Darkness/Angelus statues and at least one take on most of the other Artifact holders.
Old 03-26-2015, 05:20 AM   #429
RedSiren
Frackin!

Thanks

I'm with you on the finger crossing! I'm so excited to see what they come up with.

As much as I adore the current set they could really do with an update. My WB in particular doesn't quite have the modern facial structure of the others.

Still she was my first and I love her. No one forgets their first eh!
Old 06-03-2015, 01:35 PM   #430
RedSiren
Frackin!

Still can't get over getting Aphrodite, I thought it would never happen!

Thanks again to everyone who suggested posting about it, I'm extremely grateful.

Quite possibly my last CS Moore piece for a while (famous last words)