Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 03-27-2022, 07:57 PM   #51
gra007
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJ View Post
(not directed specifically at you)
Seems an awful lot like it is.

This is a discussion forum, so I’m bringing up how I feel. Im not saying you can’t enjoy it, but I also won’t blindly say something is an instant preorder when I feel it needs a lot of work. If you absolutely adore these and want to buy them all, that is fantastic. Im really happy you can get what you want for your collection. Personally, I feel I can’t though, but I have never felt like that means my opinion doesn’t matter.

A number have people have told me that I should back out of a conversation because I don’t like something, but I have also had a number of people thank me for pointing out something wrong with a statue. I’m not going to just blindly yell “OMG, day one PO! Don’t tell my wife!” On every statue I see, especially when I feel they need a LOT of work.

I like a lot of statues that people here say are absolute trash, up but I find something to like in them and I’m happy with my purchase. There’s a HUGE problem in this hobby in the last 3 or so years where people buy what influencers tell them to buy. I see so many repeat collections where people try to emulate what they saw on YouTube, only to sell their collection a month later stating they only took it out of the box to inspect. That’s a horrible way to spend your money and to “collect”, because some stranger told them too and they got hyped about it.

In the end, it’s your money and your happiness and your collection. The opinion of any stranger online that’s contrary to your being happy shouldn’t matter in the least. I’m here to talk about statues, good or bad, and my opinion shouldn’t stop your happiness.
gra007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 09:17 PM   #52
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gra007 View Post
Seems an awful lot like it is.
I literally said it wasn't.

Quote:
This is a discussion forum, so I?m bringing up how I feel. Im not saying you can?t enjoy it, but I also won?t blindly say something is an instant preorder when I feel it needs a lot of work. If you absolutely adore these and want to buy them all, that is fantastic. Im really happy you can get what you want for your collection. Personally, I feel I can?t though, but I have never felt like that means my opinion doesn?t matter.
This is obviously a discussion forum. Never said people couldn't bring up what they feel, never said people shouldn't express opinions or that their opinions don't matter. I don't "blindly" do things either.

Quote:
A number have people have told me that I should back out of a conversation because I don?t like something, but I have also had a number of people thank me for pointing out something wrong with a statue. I?m not going to just blindly yell ?OMG, day one PO! Don?t tell my wife!? On every statue I see, especially when I feel they need a LOT of work.
I point out (IMO) faults or improvements that can be made all the time. My post specifically talks about Harleys face and the price on the Batmobile being too high. My point was how over the top so many get about it. (and again, NOT specifying you)

Quote:
I like a lot of statues that people here say are absolute trash, up but I find something to like in them and I?m happy with my purchase. There?s a HUGE problem in this hobby in the last 3 or so years where people buy what influencers tell them to buy. I see so many repeat collections where people try to emulate what they saw on YouTube, only to sell their collection a month later stating they only took it out of the box to inspect. That?s a horrible way to spend your money and to ?collect?, because some stranger told them too and they got hyped about it.
Not sure what that has to do with me, my posts or this discussion, but I don't personally care why/how others collect.

Quote:
In the end, it?s your money and your happiness and your collection. The opinion of any stranger online that?s contrary to your being happy shouldn?t matter in the least. I?m here to talk about statues, good or bad, and my opinion shouldn?t stop your happiness.
Opinions don't and never have bothered me, drama and over the top/never ending mean spirited criticism gets on my nerves sometimes. That is the view I expressed.
I am also here to talk about statues good and the bad, but I try to be thoughtful calm and considerate about my posts.

And again, that is literally not directed at you.

The point is that I get tired of the over the top atmosphere sometimes.

We are not arguing/fighting.

Cheers.
MisterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 09:58 AM   #53
gra007
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Glad to se we're not fighting, but your original post is very angry.

You said you were pissing into the wind thinking you could enjoy collecting a line, then crazy drama (me) showed up and seemed to ruin that ability to have fun. Hence my response.
gra007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 10:57 PM   #54
Biggunz
Loki

Dude screw iron studios!

They?re pumping up their prices too much!

For the Batman on the left all polystone over 12 inches $140 including shipping.

For Batman on right I think it was $160.

Both better then IS!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	69F32BA2-4843-490A-A954-BF9128268039.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	165.4 KB
ID:	148138  
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 11:15 PM   #55
Biggunz
Loki

Screw it. Just bought the joker on BBTS $140.

A guys selling his on eBay and piece looks better than shot bbts has. Seen it for past few years just sitting there but never pulled the trigger. Thanks IS. Happy Hunting!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D6C7AAE2-0853-4F50-BF77-056CD7184DF9.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	377.5 KB
ID:	148139   Click image for larger version

Name:	5A40D8F1-360E-4C57-89CA-1B669E6F59B2.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	408.2 KB
ID:	148140  
Old 03-28-2022, 11:56 PM   #56
chunkster702
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Cool Joker. Yeah those Batman's are nice. I wish I didn't sleep on both the Eaglemoss and Mondo pieces. I most likely will get this Batman piece because you know secondary market will be $300 plus later.....
chunkster702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 12:04 AM   #57
Biggunz
Loki

Mondo cat woman $109 right now and eaglemoss joker still there for $140...

Got to take them where you can get it.