Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 02-28-2019, 09:13 AM   #21
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
I doubt it. Marvel screwed the pooch in how they presented Dracula in Curse of the Mutants, which they repeated in Fear Itself. I’m sure Dracula will be presented in the same way rather than the Gene Colan rendition from the always awesome and absolutely timeless Tomb of Dracula.
Well, I was pleasantly surprised Dracula’s presented in a close facsimile of his original garb, rather than the red supervillain armor he’s been in the last several years. Still, I find the long white hair annoying.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 11:03 AM   #22
Mister H
Green Goblin

Quote:
Well, I was pleasantly surprised Dracula’s presented in a close facsimile of his original garb, rather than the red supervillain armor he’s been in the last several years. Still, I find the long white hair annoying.
I think long hair in this era is like the trench coat of the 90’s.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 01:35 PM   #23
protector2814
Phoenix

What happened with this? I saw Blade get sprung from a prison. I saw him join up w/ the Avengers. I saw him warn the others about Vampires. Then ... I just kind of got lost into the semi-silly Avengers, No Road Home book & now we have the costly War Of The Realms story unfolding (which I think I'll stay clear of). Was there a big Vampire thing going on w/ the regular Avengers title? Was it any good? Was Dracula even in it? Any possibilities of a huge Vampire resurgence coming down the line?
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 01:45 PM   #24
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

The storyline ended with Avengers #17. Since Avengers has the dual numbering going on Marvel is looking at Avengers :No Road Home as being part of the dual numbering and picks up that dual numbering after Avengers #17. (I have actually like Avengers No Road Home alot).

Dracula was in the storyline and the storyline set up a new status quo for Dracula and vampires in the Marvel Universe. I would recommend picking it up (I think it officially started in Avengers #14).
mmk123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 02:34 PM   #25
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
The storyline ended with Avengers #17. Since Avengers has the dual numbering going on Marvel is looking at Avengers :No Road Home as being part of the dual numbering and picks up that dual numbering after Avengers #17. (I have actually like Avengers No Road Home alot).
Dracula was in the storyline and the storyline set up a new status quo for Dracula and vampires in the Marvel Universe. I would recommend picking it up (I think it officially started in Avengers #14).
Yeah, my "semi-silly" line was a bit out of line, 'cause I'm liking it too. I'm just a little taken-aback by the rolling in of Conan into the regular MU, even though it's being done pretty well. Being such a pure Conan fan, I'm just a bit reluctant to accept him along side characters like The Vision. It's taking time to grow on me. Thanks for your opinion on Vampires.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 04:55 PM   #26
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

When I saw Conan appear I was thinking "what the...?" but I think it has worked out well. I also liked how his appearance really threw a nice spotlight onto The Scarlet Witch. Wanda is my all time favorite Marvel character and after years of the "Bendis-disrepect" she was shown I am glad that she is no longer being portrayed like that.
mmk123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 05:12 PM   #27
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

I was confused by this story. Possible spoilers.

The Russians were holding a seemingly beaten Dracula (I understand that may have been a tactical ruse, as Dracula is a master strategist) hostage but then, without explanation, he’s free, large and in carve. and back to ruling the vampires with a new status quo. What happened in between?
Old 04-12-2019, 12:10 PM   #28
XSE
Nightwing

Quote:
I was confused by this story. Possible spoilers.

The Russians were holding a seemingly beaten Dracula (I understand that may have been a tactical ruse, as Dracula is a master strategist) hostage but then, without explanation, he’s free, large and in carve. and back to ruling the vampires with a new status quo. What happened in between?
May be missing a few details but the crew that was murdering all the vampires was led by Drac’s son and was doing this at his behest. Culling the weak and allowing them to rebuild a stronger vamp community.
XSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 10:51 PM   #29
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSE View Post
May be missing a few details but the crew that was murdering all the vampires was led by Drac’s son and was doing this at his behest. Culling the weak and allowing them to rebuild a stronger vamp community.
Right, I saw it was his son but how did Dracula get out of his prison?
Old 04-18-2019, 05:27 PM   #30
XSE
Nightwing

Quote:
Right, I saw it was his son but how did Dracula get out of his prison?
If you mean away from the Russians, they made a deal with him. He gave them centuries of intel and he asked to be left alone. They put him at Chernobyl and his minions showed up saying they would rebuild the vampire community stronger than before.
XSE is offline   Reply With Quote