Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-17-2019, 05:34 PM   #2891
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
The Rancor was #1 on most wanted toy list as a kid. Never got him but I’m interested to see what they have in store for that one. There’s a SW short fan film about the Rancor on YouTube that’s not too shabby.
Me too dude. I never got him either. As a teenager I bought one and displayed it. Never liked the Gentle Giant one so I sold it. I'm excited to see it. I'd also love a Wampa statue.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 05:34 PM   #2892
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Double post.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 05:54 PM   #2893
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaughn54 View Post
I thought the same thing and then on today's show they showed the new green lantern with fully painted energy so he doesn't look like his arm is cut off. Sucks , not more translucent energy look, but better than a cut of arm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
That's all good and fine but scenarios like that are the exception, not the rule.
Sideshow’s reasoning for missing that was that it was rushed out for the Con, and for whatever reason not a single person noticed it prior to others bringing it to their attention.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 07:32 PM   #2894
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
They may be starting to realize that there really isn't much of any benefit of showing it so far in advance before it ships. They don't really make any changes based on customer feedback, so what does it matter? All you're doing is showing it to people many, many months before it actually ships and sure some will order and keep that order, but I'm going to wager the great majority of those people are still going to order it whether the statue is actually shown 10 or 2 months before it ships.

There may be some payment plan people who have their decisions altered/delayed, but I really doubt it's enough people for it to matter to them. From the business side, I really don't see the benefit of them showing things so far in advance. They rarely ever change a design and the impulse buyers have plenty of time to reconsider/see something else they'd rather have.
true
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaughn54 View Post
I thought the same thing and then on today's show they showed the new green lantern with fully painted energy so he doesn't look like his arm is cut off. Sucks , not more translucent energy look, but better than a cut of arm.
agree, new green looks better (way better imo) something about the gun arm still bugs me though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Sideshow’s reasoning for missing that was that it was rushed out for the Con, and for whatever reason not a single person noticed it prior to others bringing it to their attention.
SS looks like a fun place to work and nobody probably wanted to be “that guy” that pointed out something was wrong lol.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 07:36 PM   #2895
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Me too dude. I never got him either. As a teenager I bought one and displayed it. Never liked the Gentle Giant one so I sold it. I'm excited to see it. I'd also love a Wampa statue.
Definitely need to see more SW creature statues.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 07:47 PM   #2896
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by leplant View Post
It's super weird, and there's two possibilities

1. It's an amazing dessert they're saving for the last. The piece de resistance of the X-Men meal. Building anticipation knowing it's unveiling will send shockwaves of joy across the hobby universe.

2. It's not
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 01:44 AM   #2897
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

Quote:
I would imagine the odds of impulse purchases being kept are much higher close to the ship date.

Show it now and impulse pre-orders become future cancellations.
But impulse pre-orders now with cancellations mean 135 USD NRD for them for each cancellations. Not a bad deal either.
Chris
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 08:19 PM   #2898
cjacobs83
Justice League

For those still concerned about juggernaut's size, heres a quick comparison next to hulk. Juggernaut looks to be larger in mass and height.

Thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-04-18 at 8.15.07 PM.png
Views:	83
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	122754  
cjacobs83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 08:22 PM   #2899
cjacobs83
Justice League

crazy price difference though. 1390 vs 550

You can see both the apples match in size.
cjacobs83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 08:22 PM   #2900
leplant
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjacobs83 View Post
For those still concerned about juggernaut's size, heres a quick comparison next to hulk. Juggernaut looks to be larger in mass and height.

Thoughts?
Those apples don’t appear to line up very closely.
leplant is offline   Reply With Quote