Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-18-2019, 01:44 PM   #1401
Hunter Frost
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
This doesn't surprise me, from posts i’ve seen, you have bad taste in a lot things. Foh
Oh?
Hunter Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 02:09 PM   #1402
Thundercats-NO
Shadowhawk

If the XMen movies since First Class are supposed to take place over the span of 30 - 40 years

Ie

First Class - 1960s

Days of Future Past - 1970s

Apocalypse - 1980s

And now Dark Phoenix - 1990s

Why do the original cast members such as Beast Mystique still look like tweens in Dark Phoenix

Fassbenders Magneto (presumably 60 years old in Dark Phoenix)
has no trace of gray hair on his body

The gimmick worked for the first two movies now it’s just redundant and lacks continuity

Havok certainly didn’t look like he was in his mid to late 30s when he killed himself in Apocalypse

That’s gotta be the dumbest thing an XMan has ever done

He’s the Thunderbird of our generations XMen
Thundercats-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 02:24 PM   #1403
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Who the hell is Jessica Chastain supposed to be?
For some reason it’s a huge secret and nowhere shows definitively who she is. My guesses are Lady Mastermind since she seems to be taking the roles of Matsermind and Emma from the original comics, or a gender bent Mastermind, Lilandra, Cassandra Nova or she’s just an original character, but then why hide her identity like this? It has to be important to the filmmakers.

Also of note, Quicksilver should be 35-40 by the 90s and Magneto should be in his 60s given the chronology of the previous flicks. I guess mutants age slower in the X-Men movieverse.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 02:29 PM   #1404
Thundercats-NO
Shadowhawk

They kinda messed that stuff up with XMen The Last Stand

Patrick Stewart (who is bald at the time) and a presumably 50 year old Ian McKellen go to visit young Jean Grey at her parents home in the opening montage

All the flashbacks in Dark Phoenix show McAvoy with hair looking a lot younger than Stewart “fixing” Jean as a small girl.

If Days of Future Past was suppose to tie the two timelines together everything since then has taken a major dump on it
Old 04-18-2019, 02:50 PM   #1405
Thundercats-NO
Shadowhawk

These two are the same age?
My bad the top pic is 10 years younger..

Old 04-18-2019, 02:53 PM   #1406
Thundercats-NO
Shadowhawk

Nailed it

Old 04-18-2019, 04:12 PM   #1407
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I like Sophie Turner and thinks she is just fine as Jean. It's Ororo that is horribly wrong (per usual).

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Who the hell is Jessica Chastain supposed to be?
After seeing the latest trailer, I think she is the human personification of the Phoenix Force.

I'm not sure how this will end, but I'm going to put my spin on it based on the characters at hand. Jean will go all murder town. Then when she realizes she is being manipulated/corrupted by the Phoenix Force, Jean and Charles will fight it within Jean's mind. It's easier to depict fighting something in human form than abstract terms - ala Captain Marvel putting a face to the Kree higher power.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 04:26 PM   #1408
Thundercats-NO
Shadowhawk

They've hinted that Jean could be suffering from Dissociative Personality Disorder IE-Split Personality

When she is crying in the rain at the beginning of the trailer it kinda seems like she is talking to herself...

I was thinking about that john cusack ray liotta movie Identity where the killer turns out to be one of the personality living inside the guys brain.

But what disputes that is Magneto firing bullets at Jessica Chastains character.

In the comics the Goblin Queen is interested in the Phoenix force because of its raw power... it seems like she's manipulating Jean to turn against the X-Men.

Simon Kinberg said that she is an Alien, I think they want to keep it a secret for as long as possible. It would be cool if it turns out to be all in her head (think Johnny Depp in Secret Window). Or it turns out to be Lilandra's sister Death Bird.
Old 04-18-2019, 04:30 PM   #1409
Thundercats-NO
Shadowhawk

Copy and pasted.

Dissociation is a disconnection between a person’s thoughts, memories, feelings, actions or sense of who he or she is. This is a normal process that everyone has experienced. Examples of mild, common dissociation include daydreaming, highway hypnosis or “getting lost” in a book or movie, all of which involve “losing touch” with awareness of one’s immediate surroundings.

During a traumatic experience such as an accident, disaster or crime victimization, dissociation can help a person tolerate what might otherwise be too difficult to bear. In situations like these, a person may dissociate the memory of the place, circumstances or feelings about of the overwhelming event, mentally escaping from the fear, pain and horror. This may make it difficult to later remember the details of the experience, as reported by many disaster and accident survivors.

----

The trailer highlights the traumatic car crash, Jean losing touch with reality... "Look Jean you are special", day dreaming and talking to herself
Old 04-18-2019, 04:39 PM   #1410
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

If you're willing to accept/be entertained by a movie where people can move metal with their mind, use their mind to tell other people what to do, have someone be able to regenerate their body and have claws come out of their hands, shoot a beam out of their eyes, shapeshift into other people, and transform into a beast, then I think you can probably let some timeline/aging questions slide.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote