Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-17-2019, 10:32 PM   #61
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Ah, thanks brother. Hard to keep up with all the news and where it’s coming from.
You're welcome brother.

Time will tell if either of these warehouses come to fruition. Clearly something is going on at Sideshow though. They haven't listed a Prime 1 piece for preorder in several months. In that time, Prime 1 has listed over a dozen pieces for preorder on their site.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 10:48 PM   #62
silentwinter92
U talkin' to me?

I get responses from prime 1 direct within 24hrs.

For sideshow it used to be 3-4 days, now it’s over a week.

Not surprised replacement parts might take 2-3 weeks to be shipped, might have ran out of replacement parts; factory needs to crank out new ones. Full replacements from f4f have taken upward of 6mnths to be remade.

Generally to be expected, if you go through a distributor, the email chain is going to take a longer time due to the extra party in between. It already takes me over a week of emails to verify my broken statue complaints from a direct manufacturer, it’s gonna take much longer if you go through a distributor. If anything, I would blame sideshow for their handling of the situation. But I should still reserve judgement until I’ve had the misfortune to go through a claim process with prime 1 direct.
silentwinter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 01:14 AM   #63
BIGxBOSSx
Doh!

So, I was just on Prime 1 page and looking at pre-ordering a Berserk statue. I had just ordered 3 over the last few weeks. BUT while looking now I noticed they are now offering 2 shipping options to USA. Ex:

Optimized US Shipping - $174.00
*Expected Delivery Time: 1-3 months
*The total purchase amount with the shipping fees does include the customs duties.
*In some cases, these customs duties, taxes and others levies if applicable may be charged by your country's customs authority and collected by the carrier.
*It is your responsibility to inquire the amount of duties you will owe prior to your shipment.

Standard Shipping - $291.00
*Expected Delivery Time: 1-3 weeks
*The total purchase amount with shipping fees doesn't include customs duties, sales taxes or the other levies if applicable.
*In some cases, these customs duties, taxes and others levies if applicable require to be charged by your country's customs authority and collected by the carrier.
*It is your responsibility to inquire the amount of duties and taxes you will owe prior to your shipment.

Haven't seen this before. Wanted to get the word out. Optimzed will save you a lot but 1-3 months shipping? Interesting trade off.
BIGxBOSSx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 01:32 AM   #64
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Very interesting.

Some of us are patient enough to go the cheaper route there.

Especially given that there’s usually a month or so difference between shipping from Prime 1 direct and Sideshow anyway.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 01:51 AM   #65
Jlm120170
Frackin!

Your right I never seen that before
Jlm120170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 02:02 AM   #66
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGxBOSSx View Post
So, I was just on Prime 1 page and looking at pre-ordering a Berserk statue. I had just ordered 3 over the last few weeks. BUT while looking now I noticed they are now offering 2 shipping options to USA. Ex:

*The total purchase amount with the shipping fees does include the customs duties.
*In some cases, these customs duties, taxes and others levies if applicable may be charged by your country's customs authority and collected by the carrier.
*It is your responsibility to inquire the amount of duties you will owe prior to your shipment.

*The total purchase amount with shipping fees doesn't include customs duties, sales taxes or the other levies if applicable.
*In some cases, these customs duties, taxes and others levies if applicable require to be charged by your country's customs authority and collected by the carrier.
*It is your responsibility to inquire the amount of duties and taxes you will owe prior to your shipment.

Haven't seen this before. Wanted to get the word out. Optimzed will save you a lot but 1-3 months shipping? Interesting trade off.
This link further explains this new shipping option. It's for US customers to offer a cheaper shipping option.

https://www.prime1studio.com/features
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 02:07 AM   #67
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

$253 shipping for Master Race Batman. Hush Batman is $133, which is about the same as Sideshow. So perhaps the MR Batman is an early, inaccurate estimate.

But if prices like that are the new norm, I’m out.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 05:08 AM   #68
Submissive421
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGxBOSSx View Post

Wow thanks for mentioning different shipping options. A piece I have been eyeing for well over a year is now an option. The shipping was cut to 1/3. From $291 to $104 for shipping it to the US. Since SS and P1 look like their divorce is about finalized I wont be ordering from SS anymore
Submissive421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 07:50 AM   #69
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

But why only US customers?!

Oh well. Hopefully they extend it to everyone else.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 09:55 AM   #70
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
But why only US customers?!

Oh well. Hopefully they extend it to everyone else.
What a coincidence they are offering a new, cheaper shipping option for the U.S.... I wonder why....

It's now cheaper to ship from P1 than it is from Sideshow. If only I had some idea as to what I could get hit with via customs charges....
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote