Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-19-2022, 09:21 AM   #501
austintheng
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANIEL RAND View Post
Yeah I live 30 min away. I wish they'd let me drive over and pick it up myself so I could save the ridiculous $65 UPS shipping fee

Wow! I really don't understand why they just don't let the buyer go to the store and get the product. In addition to saving money, nothing compares to receiving the long-awaited box in hand and returning home with that beautiful box art on the side. It warms our hearts.
Yeah, isn't self collecting your own stuff that you bought be a norm? At least that's how business operates in Singapore. Not sure why Sideshow doesn't do that. It could help customers save some money on delivery fees. Imagine living 5 mins away from the warehouse but you aren't allowed to go over to self-collect. Weird.

I sometimes collect my own statues from XM Studios' warehouse, saves me $30SGD delivery fee.
austintheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 11:01 AM   #502
Mr. Shoosh
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintheng View Post
Yeah, isn't self collecting your own stuff that you bought be a norm? At least that's how business operates in Singapore. Not sure why Sideshow doesn't do that. It could help customers save some money on delivery fees. Imagine living 5 mins away from the warehouse but you aren't allowed to go over to self-collect. Weird.

I sometimes collect my own statues from XM Studios' warehouse, saves me $30SGD delivery fee.
Not to mention the lesser chance of damage through transit. Weird, but I?d like to hear SS?s take if there is one. Maybe they don?t want collectors unpacking something in their parking lot and turning around, beating on their doors like an angry Karen when a flaw is discovered.
Mr. Shoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 01:59 PM   #503
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_J.Warren View Post
Anyone else charged in full and still waiting for it to ship? Just got done with customer service chat and they were rude and dismissive. They said it will ship sometime this week and that they always charge multiple days prior to shipping. I've never had to wait more than one business day after being charged for a pre-orders. Maybe I've just been lucky in the past but it seemed like gaslighting to me. When I asked for a specific date they said they didn't know.
Yes, I've been charged (my PF was on Flexpay). I'm still waiting on it to ship. No tracking info has been provided to me yet.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 02:32 PM   #504
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_J.Warren View Post
Anyone else charged in full and still waiting for it to ship? Just got done with customer service chat and they were rude and dismissive. They said it will ship sometime this week and that they always charge multiple days prior to shipping. I've never had to wait more than one business day after being charged for a pre-orders. Maybe I've just been lucky in the past but it seemed like gaslighting to me. When I asked for a specific date they said they didn't know.
I paid for Storm PF in full.
Over the period of 3+ weeks my order went through all sorts of weirdness,
including about to ship, shipping next business day, to not shipping at all ?
I canceled the order in the end.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 02:48 PM   #505
AC_808
Hercules

Unfortunately, Sideshow does not check if the item has actually arrived at the warehouse. They go by the expectation date. So if an item does not arrive at their warehouse at the expected date, they can't ship it to you, but they'd have already charged you.

Sideshow needs to fix that.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 06:37 PM   #506
Agent_J.Warren
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
This is what happens when they expect a piece to arrive on a certain day, but getting it through the port takes longer than expected. It's also the reason they switched to say "we expect your item to arrive within the next 10 days".
You are correct, sir. Thank you for the info. And many thanks to everyone else that replied with answers as well. I called a short while ago before I had read your post. They stated that they recently transitioned over to the 10-day handling/shipping timeframe to help out their warehouse. I was unaware. Going forward we can expect possible delays on our invoices and shipments after our final payment processes in full. The invoices will be held and emailed once the item leaves the warehouse. I doubt that will always be the case but at least the expectation for delay is present and known.

Sounds like they're pretty backed up anymore which makes sense due to all of the labor shortages happening everywhere and supply chain disruptions. Customer service was very kind and helpful per usual. I only wish the online chat person took the time to explain this yesterday as it would have eliminated the confusion.
Agent_J.Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 02:44 PM   #507
slow17motion
The Spirit

Mine is now waiting at home for me. Wish I got to see an unboxing video. Anyone have anything to say about the assembly of this piece? Usually, Sideshow's assemblies are pretty easy.
slow17motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 03:34 PM   #508
DANIEL RAND
The Spirit

Congratulations!

Yep, they are usually pretty easy. If you identify any difficulties in the assembly, let us know here, ok?

I'm curious to know if Nightcrawler's right foot also has a key that locks the character to the smoke from the Banf effect!
DANIEL RAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 03:40 PM   #509
nearmint
Phoenix

I was hoping this would be in-stock by today. I have a 15% off coupon expiring tonight.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 05:01 PM   #510
slow17motion
The Spirit

Assembly is a breeze. You just put in all the bampf effects first, then Nightcrawler. There is one peg on his left foot. Mine was an EXTREMELY tight fit. The other foot fits magnetically to a piece of the bampf at the top.

The seam is ugly. I'm not gonna sugarcoat it. The seam around the palm is just there, preassembled. Nightcrawler's bampf isn't a part of him, he keys right into it. They definitely could've done a better job with the seam. Even worse, the top spike of the bampf keys in and it's an UGLY fit. It sort of rests there--though it's magnetized--and it just does NOT fit cleanly with the rest of the effect. It makes for one absolutely hideous seam--and that's a shame because Nightcrawler himself rocks hard.

His portrait came out perfectly. The swords look far cooler in person, so I used both. The tail looks amazing. The purple effect on the feet works for me. I love him.

Easy assembly. The bampf's seam sucks. A few paint imperfections (some glue or gloss on the bampf and one dot of white on the tip of one of the spikes), but nothing too egregious. But he came out perfectly and arrived in good shape.

One problem: I literally had to destroy the artbox to get him out. They didn't put the pieces of Styrofoam together tightly, so it was impossible to get it out without damaging the art box. I'll be contacting them about that.
slow17motion is offline   Reply With Quote