Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-13-2018, 10:18 AM   #501
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

It probably wasn't advertised, but heavily insinuated in the early tease they released.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 10:37 AM   #502
adee
Green Arrow

Yeah teasing something and not really offering it is kinda lame.

The tease is just production art so I understand it may not be final but why show something that isn't being produced?

They should have had the long haired portrait anyway. Big miss.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 10:49 AM   #503
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

I think this piece looks pretty good. Not as good as the XM though but if it had a long haired portrait and/or a sniper rifle/assault rifle of some type, it definitely would be winner. I actually like the idea of the EX where she's shifting. It shows her power in action. What I would like to see is more of the shift in action...like half of her entire body shifting. They could probably make a "whole" statue without interchangeable parts but trying to do a piece like that with interchangeable parts would definitely require some forward thinking. Don't know if we have the ability to do something like that yet...would be amazing if it were possible though!
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 10:54 AM   #504
adee
Green Arrow

What is the significance between her and X-23? Is there a connection? I'm not familiar with it and can't find anything very definitive.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 11:04 AM   #505
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
What is the significance between her and X-23? Is there a connection? I'm not familiar with it and can't find anything very definitive.
LOL probably just the easiest thing they could think of to make it instantly recognizable. I still don't think it works on the piece.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 11:38 AM   #506
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
I think this piece looks pretty good. Not as good as the XM though but if it had a long haired portrait and/or a sniper rifle/assault rifle of some type, it definitely would be winner. I actually like the idea of the EX where she's shifting. It shows her power in action. What I would like to see is more of the shift in action...like half of her entire body shifting. They could probably make a "whole" statue without interchangeable parts but trying to do a piece like that with interchangeable parts would definitely require some forward thinking. Don't know if we have the ability to do something like that yet...would be amazing if it were possible though!
It is definitely do-able, especially with statues that now have switchout torsos (PCS and P1 have them) but I imagine the cost would be much more and are collectors willing to pay for it?

I'm actually not a fan of the XM version, although great in detail, the pose and the costume is not to my liking.

Not buying either anyways
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 11:51 AM   #507
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
I have to say, I do not understand the gripe with the face. She looks great. Love the small base too.
No issues with the face here. No issue with Ivy’s either. Or Zatanna’s.

I just don’t like the dress or weapons here. And the weak sauce Ex.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 12:09 PM   #508
DPmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
It is definitely do-able, especially with statues that now have switchout torsos (PCS and P1 have them) but I imagine the cost would be much more and are collectors willing to pay for it?

I'm actually not a fan of the XM version, although great in detail, the pose and the costume is not to my liking.

Not buying either anyways
Yeah cost would definitely be a factor. Would be great to see though. I was thinking more along the lines of the shape-shifting being like this:

or maybe like this but with the shape-shifting not being perfectly just a line down her body but with variations all over her body:

Old 06-13-2018, 12:12 PM   #509
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
Yeah cost would definitely be a factor. Would be great to see though. I was thinking more along the lines of the shape-shifting being like this:

or maybe like this but with the shape-shifting not being perfectly just a line down her body but with variations all over her body:

Cool concept but I don’t think this is going to translate well into a statue...
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 12:26 PM   #510
DPmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismhk View Post
Cool concept but I don’t think this is going to translate well into a statue...
Yeah definitely cool concept but conceptually, would be pretty hard to do on a statue with interchangeable parts but doable if it's just one whole piece.