George Reeves 0 0%
Gerard Christopher 0 0%
John Haynes Newton 0 0%
Kirk Alyn 0 0%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-12-2018, 10:45 PM   #21
off
The X-Men

Clark was a country bumpkin. Pure, classic, Americana, that was the point!

Swell!
off is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 11:30 PM   #22
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Christopher Reeve and it’s not close.
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 11:47 PM   #23
off
The X-Men

No love for Dean Cain. Lol
Old 12-13-2018, 12:06 AM   #24
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by off View Post
I forgot about the long and drawn out terraform scenes. What a bore!

Superman doesn't save his dad because why? Vs Superman struggling with his humanity when his dad has a heart attack? All those things I can do, all those powers and I couldn't even save him.

Never got one good line like that out of Cavil.

How about Cavil murdering Zod. Superman doesn't murder.

Reeve was about protecting the people, Cavil was just like tear the whole city apart, who cares!

Man of Steel was a good superhero movie but it was no Superman. No heart at all, no essence of what Superman is.

I'll give you the cheese factor though. Yikes!
Actually Superman has killed several times in the comics....

As for the Zod scene, I suppose you think it would be better for Zod to kill the family then Superman kill Zod…

In my book saving the family by killing the bad guy is the right decision... And it wasn't one Superman took lightly either...

As for letting his Father die, well his Father was scared to death if the world found out about Clark they would fear him and try to destroy him, he pretty much had Clark brained washed to be afraid of letting anyone know about who he really was... plus Clark at the time was like 17 years old, it's not like he had a lot of life experience under his belt...

Even the Bus Scene, his father kind of implied that saving the kids on the bus might of been a mistake because it exposed who he was... Smallville kind of did a similar thing his parents were always afraid of people finding out his secret... everytime Clark did save someone his dad would always people couldn't find out who he was....

Have to remember Nolan wrote this story, he's more about trying to take a comic book character and making it realistic.... The original Superman movie was more about Superman saving kitten's in trees, they literally had a scene where Superman saves a kitten from a tree
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 08:49 AM   #25
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

I like this forum

Christopher Reeve Forever
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 10:01 AM   #26
moon_knight1971
Rescue

As far as acting goes, Christopher Reeve was the best.
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 10:15 AM   #27
off
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Actually Superman has killed several times in the comics....

As for the Zod scene, I suppose you think it would be better for Zod to kill the family then Superman kill Zod…

In my book saving the family by killing the bad guy is the right decision... And it wasn't one Superman took lightly either...

As for letting his Father die, well his Father was scared to death if the world found out about Clark they would fear him and try to destroy him, he pretty much had Clark brained washed to be afraid of letting anyone know about who he really was... plus Clark at the time was like 17 years old, it's not like he had a lot of life experience under his belt...

Even the Bus Scene, his father kind of implied that saving the kids on the bus might of been a mistake because it exposed who he was... Smallville kind of did a similar thing his parents were always afraid of people finding out his secret... everytime Clark did save someone his dad would always people couldn't find out who he was....

Have to remember Nolan wrote this story, he's more about trying to take a comic book character and making it realistic.... The original Superman movie was more about Superman saving kitten's in trees, they literally had a scene where Superman saves a kitten from a tree
Oh yeah, I forgot about the heartless pa Kent who would let the bus full of children die as well!

Reeve would have found a way to save the family and not kill Zod! That's what Superman does!

Wasn't much of a comic fan growing up, more so now, so I'm way behind. I'll defer to your judgement on that!

Anyway, Reeve for life!

Lol
Old 12-13-2018, 12:58 PM   #28
SONICobra
Batman

cavill is the man of steel
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 01:29 PM   #29
Y3E
Gen 13

No contest, Christopher Reeve. He was a great Superman AND a great Clark Kent.
Y3E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 02:29 PM   #30
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by off View Post
How about Cavil murdering Zod. Superman doesn't murder.
Like it was said previously, Superman has murdered/killed in the past. Some were dubious and open to debate, but around the time of the Byrne run on Superman, Clark does execute Zod and his two cohorts (from a pocket universe that they render lifeless) with kryptonite when they vow to escape somehow and come destroy his universe's planet. Rather than risk that, he kills them and returns to his own world. He later cracks up from the guilt and creates a split-personality hero. It should be noted that their version of Kryptonians, including their Superboy. were infinitely more powerful than he was at the time.

That said, Christopher Reeve all the way and then some!!
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote