Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-12-2018, 06:49 PM   #1321
JamesJ
Doh!

Mine was # 242 of 250 (from California) ... I got it lightning fast, it was shipped on Monday and I got it on Wednesday. I'm in Canada so it cost more for me all things considered but it was certainly worth it ... I knew it was what I wanted when I first saw it, it captures the essence of the character beautifully.
JamesJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 05:38 AM   #1322
runesr2
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesJ View Post
Mine was # 242 of 250 (from California) ... I got it lightning fast, it was shipped on Monday and I got it on Wednesday. I'm in Canada so it cost more for me all things considered but it was certainly worth it ... I knew it was what I wanted when I first saw it, it captures the essence of the character beautifully.
Interesting, I wasn't an early adopter, I paid for the statue late August 2018 - still I got a very low number. It may seem completely arbitrary which number you'll get... And of course it may not mean anything.

On my box it also says California, but from the DHL tracking it's obvious that the package shipped from Hong Kong.

Found the DHL note - the exact box weight is 16.8 kg and 37 lbs. I'm thinking that if Swampy wasn't vinyl, the shipping weight could easily have been way too heavy - something like $150 to $200 for the shipping is already much more than many customers probably want to pay just for shipping. 2c.
runesr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 08:17 AM   #1323
JamesJ
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by runesr2 View Post
Interesting, I wasn't an early adopter, I paid for the statue late August 2018 - still I got a very low number. It may seem completely arbitrary which number you'll get... And of course it may not mean anything.

On my box it also says California, but from the DHL tracking it's obvious that the package shipped from Hong Kong.

Found the DHL note - the exact box weight is 16.8 kg and 37 lbs. I'm thinking that if Swampy wasn't vinyl, the shipping weight could easily have been way too heavy - something like $150 to $200 for the shipping is already much more than many customers probably want to pay just for shipping. 2c.
My DHL tracking was right from California, the website has been indicating low stock remaining. Looking forward to the July 2019 release of DC Absolute Edition HC Vol 1 of Alan Moore's run to place nearby.

Love the rustic vibe of this statue, it really suits my "decor".
Old 12-13-2018, 09:46 PM   #1324
dafadcariad
Blue Falcon

Quote:

Shipping charge is determined by dimensional weight so if he is polystone or vinyl it shouldn't change the shipping total.
dafadcariad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 08:21 AM   #1325
runesr2
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafadcariad View Post
Shipping charge is determined by dimensional weight so if he is polystone or vinyl it shouldn't change the shipping total.
Ok, btw I did unpack the statue, it's truly awesome - it's weight is 12.5 kg = 27.6 lbs
Old 12-14-2018, 08:36 AM   #1326
d_s_ramos
Doh!

First unboxing video on YouTube.....

https://youtu.be/OD0kZFTvN74
d_s_ramos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 09:38 AM   #1327
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_s_ramos View Post
Sideways and out of focus closeups. Nailed it!
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 12:00 PM   #1328
runesr2
Doh!

Smile Swamp Thing photos

I couldn't wait until Christmas, had to perform a cesarean section to check if all limbs were ok - and checking the womb, everything looked fine!

[See attachment 1]

Cranius is really awesome - unfortunately there's just no way to truly capture statues using photos, statues look so much better in the real world - but the following pics may provide some impressions.

A photo of Cranius' base is attached.

[See attachment 2].

Next: the giant Swamp Thing base weighing about 20 lbs:

Turtle close-up:

Snake close-up:

The back of the base:

[See attachment 3]

Note how the base is made to make it look like Swamp Thing is standing in water - truly awesome:

Bottom of the base:

[See attachement 4]

And now with Swamp Thing - he completely dwarfs my large 1/4 Batman DKR statue. Both statues are 1/4 scale. I think Swampy is slightly too large, but I don't have a problem with that, it makes Swampy look even more impressive next to Batman:

Swamp Thing looks quite different depending on the light - here're a few examples:

The complexity of Swamp Thing is astounding, check out his back:

Here in more normal light conditions:

[See attachement 5]

Swamp Thing completely matches the base - same colors, same paint etc. In fact in normal light I can't separate Swamp Thing from the base - if I didn't know it already and just looked at the statue, I'd never think Swampy was vinyl. My Swampy looks like being one piece, there're no signs of intersections, if any these are completely covered by the paint. Depending on the light, Swampy can look wet - or dry. I'd highly recommend a frog's-eye perspective to make this statue shine - place Swampy high, Swampy won't look good if you're looking down on him.

I'm really happy for the piece, it's everything I hoped for and even more. I better start reading the Saga of Swamp Thing again, there's no better motivation for reading those books than looking at this statue. The complexity of the statue is so high that I feel I'll never get tired of looking at it. It even makes my Galactus maquette look dull and boring!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	19
Size:	153.4 KB
ID:	119377   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.JPG
Views:	15
Size:	218.5 KB
ID:	119378   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.JPG
Views:	16
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	119380   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.JPG
Views:	10
Size:	179.4 KB
ID:	119381   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	212.3 KB
ID:	119382  

Old 12-14-2018, 12:07 PM   #1329
runesr2
Doh!

More Cranius

For brain fans ;-)

Old 12-14-2018, 02:12 PM   #1330
JamesJ
Doh!

Quote:
I better start reading the Saga of Swamp Thing again, there's no better motivation for reading those books than looking at this statue.
I feel the same way .. last year DC released the Swamp Thing Bronze Age Omnibus, an oversized hardcover (which includes art by the great Bernie Wrightson for the first 10 issues) that I'm going to crack open soon ... and in June of next year they are releasing an Absolute Edition (the first of 3 volumes) of Alan Moore's epic run which includes truly great writing with much of the art that inspired this very statue.

https://www.dccomics.com/graphic-nov...ze-age-omnibus

https://www.vertigocomics.com/graphi...an-moore-vol-1