Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 12-19-2019, 02:20 PM   #431
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Hey Python, will you be getting the P1 City Hunter?
jinkazama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 03:05 PM   #432
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
Hey Python, will you be getting the P1 City Hunter?

I think so yeah. I'm still considering either, but I've liked the Prime 1 version a bit more from the start and that hasn't changed.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 03:09 PM   #433
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I think so yeah. I'm still considering either, but I've liked the Prime 1 version a bit more from the start and that hasn't changed.
Is it fair to say that the prime 1 studios bio mask head sculpt is based on the stunt mask used in the movie?
jinkazama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 06:16 PM   #434
Halcyon
Loki

Photo WinterWonderFest2019
Sorry for bump, ES still not known.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 12:13 PM   #435
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
Is it fair to say that the prime 1 studios bio mask head sculpt is based on the stunt mask used in the movie?

Sorry, I've only just seen this. I think it's a mixture of both (As most P2 bio replicas are) I suspect they used the stunt mask as a guide and added elements of the hero, with some elements inaccurate to either thrown in. I found it difficult to find images of all three (P1, stunt & hero) That line up perfectly, but I did my best in the image below. If you look at specific areas and compare them, you'll see plenty of variation. The original hero is such a nice looking mask, but it has so much going on that it's always going to be hard to replicate perfectly. To their credit, Prime 1 have done better than anybody before them but it does fall short in a few areas. Mainly the shape around the eye area. This is where you'll see heavy influences of the stunt mask, it's too sharp , not as curvy or defined as it is on the hero and it sucks more in towards the mask at the rear rather than flowing into the dome area. I honestly think if Prime alter this small area, it's make a huge difference for the better. Move on to the snout/nose and you'll see it is very much based on the stunt masks shape. It's missing the initial outwards curve at the top and the damage is entirely made up on the statue with claw scratches and various large pitted areas that don't exist on the real thing.. It's missing the two prominent grooves on the eyebrow above the nose also. The hero has these, the stunt doesn't. There's more going on but we're in danger on nitpicking. Nobody gets the P2 hero mask right.

Old 06-06-2020, 12:17 PM   #436
Python
Omega Red

Also, I can't believe this still has no ES announced and still no confirmation of whether or not it is in scale with their own Jungle hunter. I'm still wanting to order this, but this is info I need to know first. I'm hoping SSC will actually list this also now that they seem to be somewhat friendly with each other again.
Old 06-06-2020, 02:54 PM   #437
tonytiger
The X-Men

Yea, mine is pay off already and waiting on prime one to shipped already!
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 08:05 PM   #438
DroidAssassin
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Also, I can't believe this still has no ES announced and still no confirmation of whether or not it is in sale with their own Jungle hunter. I'm still wanting to order this, but this is info I need to know first. I'm hoping SSC will actually list this also now that they seem to be somewhat friendly with each other again.
I love this statue/scene! I hope SSC distribute it & I'll be onboard straight away.
DroidAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 04:29 AM   #439
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidAssassin View Post
I love this statue/scene! I hope SSC distribute it & I'll be onboard straight away.

So would I if SSC list it.
Old 06-08-2020, 10:23 AM   #440
Python
Omega Red