Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 03-09-2020, 09:38 AM   #11
chrisw
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Did it come with the original box? I was just wondering if this person bought a bar and the statues were already there since they look like they may have been displayed there. You said it was filthy. He may not have even known it was broken due to not knowning much about the statue. But the photo he placed on eBay clearly shows it was.
Yeah in box, but again really filthy - not even basic wipe over. My guess, based on his deeply irrational responses and the careful positioning of the photos is as you said, that he tried to conceal the damage and is now mad it's been revealed and that his rating has dropped down dramatically. Based on his behaviour this guy has no business selling statues on eBay imo. eBay is a joke. He's offering a refund but refusing to 'accept' that it was broken. That in itself makes me think he's not done trying to scam me, and will do something to it once received and try to blame me somehow. He's also calming he can't pay for return postage, and I'm somewhat sceptical that eBay will step in to guarantee that he does after I've returned it, as eBay is stating 'estimated refund' to only cover what I paid initially, and not return mailing.
chrisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 08:28 AM   #12
chrisw
Frackin!

Thanks jeremydmc

Just wanted to say thanks jeremydmc for pointing the breakage out, which really helped in my claim. It took time but eBay came good with full refund and still, the guy was refusing to pay for return...so it's with me. I'll post up some pics when my Sinister Six diorama is complete, but with all the bad news globally at the moment that's likely to be a while! Cheers.
chrisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 08:44 AM   #13
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisw View Post
Just wanted to say thanks jeremydmc for pointing the breakage out, which really helped in my claim. It took time but eBay came good with full refund and still, the guy was refusing to pay for return...so it's with me. I'll post up some pics when my Sinister Six diorama is complete, but with all the bad news globally at the moment that's likely to be a while! Cheers.
You're very welcome. Glad I was able to help you out and eBay stepped in and made it right!
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote