Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 04-14-2020, 03:45 AM   #1
elvirawynter
A day without sunshine is like... night.

BISHOUJO ReMIX - Hatsune Miku

Kotobukiya announced a new BISHOUJO series called ReMIX, the first character in this line is Hatsune Miku.

JP Release: September 2020.

Last edited by elvirawynter; 04-14-2020 at 03:45 AM. Reason: adding release date.
elvirawynter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 08:58 AM   #2
diegocollects
Doh!

It's a beautiful statue. I do like the Bishoujo interpretation of the character.

There are some things I'm concerned about though. I'm not sure if Hatsune Miku was the right character to kick off this series. If the Remix series is going to focus on Vocaloid characters, then Hatsune Miku seems like a logical choice. But at the same time, she is an insanely popular character and Hatsune Miku figures are released by the dozens every year. In fact, there are some phenomenal Hatsune Miku statues that are going to be released later this year. What I wonder is how much of an impact will she have in terms of selling. Will she stand out enough to persuade potential buyers?

It's definitely going to face some competition. Aside from that, I think the pricing is too high. The Dark Phoenix statue is priced at around 130. This is being priced at around 140 - 150. It just seems slightly unreasonable. Considering the fact that there are many other statues being made of the same character that are being priced much lower makes me think this might not be a strong seller. I'll probably end up being wrong though. There are collectors who collect everything Miku-related (or Bishoujo-related for that matter).

My hope for this series is that the pricing points get lower. Also, I hope we get to see other Vocaloid characters, specifically Kagamine Rin, Megurine Luka, and Meiko.

If they were priced more reasonably, I can see myself collecting this series. Until then, I'll probably hold off on that pre-order. Again, it's a beautiful statue and the idea of owning an entire series of Bishoujo-style Vocaloid characters is exciting. I just wish the pricing was lower.
diegocollects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 02:40 PM   #3
llama
The Spirit

I agree that this statue will face some stiff competition from the many other Miku statues out there. A lot of which are really well made. I wonder if this particular line is an attempt to expose western audiences to anime characters. If that is the case, then choosing Miku first, who is very popular, might make sense. She could show up in western hobby and toy stores, not next to a bunch of other imported anime merchandise but instead next to the kind western themed items that we see here on this forum and be seen by many who have never really heard of Miku before.

As someone who has to go out of their way to import a bunch of anime statues, I would love to see them gain more popularity over here so maybe they would be easier and cheaper to obtain in the future.
llama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 09:28 PM   #4
hunnipot85
Blue Falcon

I don't know if this opens the door to One Piece Bishoujos but if it does bring on Boa Hancock. She'd be perfect for a Bishoujo and I haven't really been able to find any Megahouse or Banpresto Boa statues I like.
hunnipot85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 10:14 PM   #5
UnicornPegasus
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I want this so much, but the price is going to keep me away.
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 01:56 PM   #6
dechirico7
The Flash

Love it, but will be passing due to the price.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 01:15 PM   #7
desertdragon
Sinister Six

This was an instant preorder for me - she looks way too amazing to pass up...
desertdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 01:49 PM   #8
LABound
Justice League

The pricing is crazy o.O
LABound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 10:18 PM   #9
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Is it just me, or did Koto pull out all the stops for this one? She looks really high quality compared to some of the other Bishoujo figures and she probably has the best Shunya inspired face to date. I know Miku has an insanely large fanbase, so I'm sure they wanted to leave an impression with their unique take on her. I'd say it worked!

I'm not getting this, but I think she looks amazing.
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 12:56 PM   #10
llama
The Spirit

It's interesting that I've seen so many people, not just on this site, really love this statue but the people who don't find it appealing are those who prefer the anime style like myself. Koto may have found a way to sell Miku to non-anime fans as long as the price doesn't keep too many away.
llama is offline   Reply With Quote