Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-17-2021, 04:20 PM   #411
Blade3327
Nightwing

Yeah, that $800 charge was outrageous.

Their 1/4 Predators aren't terribly priced for what they are; JH is the most expensive and appears to be selling the best, if Prime 1's refusal to confirm an ES is any indication. I just wish they'd just stuck with 1/4 for their Alien stuff. The CP Dog Alien collaboration would've been the odd one out, but 1) it's not as popular a design and 2) they could always release a smaller one later on. They already have two Hush Batmen in the same scale, plus Guts from Berserk in 1/3 and 1/4 wearing the same outfit.

I, too, hope they haven't given up on this license due to seemingly lukewarm sales. Would be great to see them tackle the Aliens again in 1/4, with different poses and bases. They've got the skills to do these properties justice, but some of the decisions they've made are baffling.
Blade3327 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 03:32 AM   #412
ozboy
Birdman

If shipping and production costs continue to be ridiculous the first thing they should be looking at is minimising the bases on their statues. Most are unnecessarily excessive, take up more room and add cost. There's 2nd boxes which add to shipping and storage because the base is so bonkers.
ozboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 06:05 AM   #413
Manu81
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
It's arguably my favorite character. I'm an established statue collector with a fair few high end statues. And even I'm not buying it even though I am definitely the target market. I'd love to get one (Museum pose I think) But it's too expensive with all of the costs accounted for. I'm not surprised that the ES is low on these, but I do hope that it doesn't kill off any future projects. Prime 1 must realise why they aren't selling massively. If they got their shipping prices in order at least, maybe reconsidered their base pricing which has jumped rapidly in recent years. Or even listed on Sideshow more consistently, they might gain better sales. As it is, it's difficult for the average person to be a Prime 1 customer. And that's before the sneaky surcharges we're seeing added to final payments currently. One UK customer on their FB page had $800 added to his Red Sonja for example.
Hello Python! I am a Spanish customer and what I do is buy this directly from my local seller. The dx figure costs me € 2500, instead of 1950 usd which is the cost on the Prime 1s site. I know that € 1 is not € 1 but apparently it always works like this ...

I would rather pay € 2,500 for this figure, all included and after having paid the same prize for the coolprops big chap bust, than risk buying directly to prime 1 (customs, shipping ...)

I wish this was cheaper but unfortunately nowadays there are more collectors who can afford this prices, and who already pay them,, and companies will take advantage of it.

I totally understand what you say Python but every time I see the houses of some people here, the collections they have, the caves they built to show their figures ... They are really the target of these companies and me, if I want to continue with this hobby, I will buy less figures and I will have to really choose what I like the most ... sadly this is like this... you just have to see the sizes of the new figures ... who can display this? they are not made for small apartments like mine but for big houses. If I wanted to have all the Prime 1 aliens, I would need more than one room in my two-bedroom apartment to display them! Dog Alien that is a freaking awesome and I would like to own, I should display it on the dinning room table! And where will we take the dinner then??lol.

I have dedicated lots of efforts to own the big chap bust (the one from cp), but I know that there are people who own the entire collection because they can afford them and because they have place to display them (and happy for them)

With the old figures increasing in value (just I would like to know for how much the old dioramas from sideshow will be sold), the new ones that are larger and more detailed we can only espect that they will be more expensive ... if you own a company and see that you sold an item for 1000 and a few years later in second market this same figure sells for double or triple, what will you do with your next releases?

At the end companies and costumers we all play to the same game...why sell for X if I can earn X+more €$...?
Manu81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 06:23 AM   #414
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu81 View Post
I wish this was cheaper but unfortunately nowadays there are more collectors who can afford this prices, and who already pay them,, and companies will take advantage of it.

That's probably true, although they have stripped the ES on this back to relatively nothing for modern day ES numbers. That suggests that even the collector "whales" aren't buying it in great numbers. I can afford this, It's just getting harder to justify doing so to myself, never mind my partner etc. We might be plebs to the bigger companies, but I do think we're still their main source of income regardless. Prime need to at least get their shipping prices in line, no other collectible companies are adding huge surcharges that I know of? And most of us will cancel orders rather than face an extra $800 (or even $200+) that we didn't account for, nobody wins there.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 06:33 AM   #415
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozboy View Post
If shipping and production costs continue to be ridiculous ...
Unfortunately the whole distribution network has already a fixed mindset to large boxes and high shipping cost if you order statue from asian manufacturers.
Local stores precalculate higher prices now a days, bcs they expect maximum size even when manufacturer website says it will be medium box (local shipping).

I fear shipping won't go down to 'normal' cost anymore.
When shipping furniture etc, I want to save few bucks. But 300$ to 800$ for shipping is just crazy.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 06:53 AM   #416
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
That's probably true, although they have stripped the ES on this back to relatively nothing for modern day ES numbers...
Indeed, 2020 has probably caused more people to rethink their buying habits.
It is noticeable, an ES from around 500 are longer in stock than before.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 02:21 PM   #417
Manu81
The Spirit

Yes, and also the situation we are living nowadays does not help to make decisions. No conventions, no videos, no photos ... there is a general lack of enthusiasm that also affects here for sure.
...But I will have this figure! no way to pass on it!
Manu81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 12:56 AM   #418
pau123
Sailor Moon

2021 seem like another year totally no conventions etc as well.
pau123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 06:22 PM   #419
Patriot666
Birdman

I remember conventions.
Patriot666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 09:49 AM   #420
GaryTonge
Kingpin

We're now in the shipping period for this and P1 hasn't changed the estimated shipping timeline. I wonder if this will start to ship in the next three months?

Considering the low ES, you'd think it would be likely.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote