Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-12-2021, 01:12 AM   #251
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I actually saw one in person at a local comic shop but they wanted $225 for what is basically a really nice bishoujo so I passed.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 01:52 AM   #252
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tworow2 View Post
I had it preordered and stupidly canceled because I was trying to reduce my preorders at the time.

I've heard from others who picked them up that the AliEx knockoffs are very good quality but I don't really want to support bootlegs.
Although I have no proof this is true - I wouldn't be surprised if those "bootlegs" are in fact coming from the same manufacturer and moulds the official pieces come from.

I suspect this is part of the risk that comes from mass production in China.

In a way I have very little sympathy for those companies that are impacted by this, they know the risks but do it anyway because (up until now) they can see direct financial benefits coming from the comparatively low labour costs and decreased regulation.

Considering the current situation, I'm a little surprised that there isn't a justification for these companies to start manufacturing In house. When you see photos of the Chinese workshops, in terms of facilities - I don't see why a Barn in California is any less appealing than the Barn used in China and as for employment regulation and costs, maybe there are some additional offsets, considering recent history of general poor quality and logistics costs.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 12:30 PM   #253
tworow2
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

So I'm seeing word on some sites now that the Flare 2B (and also possibly a 9S?) are getting a re-release.

Pretty good option for people who can't do this one. Pose is kind of flat though.
tworow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 01:21 PM   #254
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by tworow2 View Post
So I'm seeing word on some sites now that the Flare 2B (and also possibly a 9S?) are getting a re-release.

Pretty good option for people who can't do this one. Pose is kind of flat though.
Oh nice, do you have any of those links?
Old 01-22-2021, 04:00 PM   #255
Submissive421
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Oh nice, do you have any of those links?
https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/japa...ue-flare-.html

I think that is the only one that I've seen so far. Hopefully there is more retailers that will put her up
Submissive421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 04:47 PM   #256
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submissive421 View Post
https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/japa...ue-flare-.html

I think that is the only one that I've seen so far. Hopefully there is more retailers that will put her up
Nin is pretty legit so I would imagine that's the case then.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 11:23 PM   #257
Submissive421
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Nin is pretty legit so I would imagine that's the case then.
I have never heard them. So I was suspicious of this site.
Submissive421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 02:37 AM   #258
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submissive421 View Post
I have never heard them. So I was suspicious of this site.
I've ordered from them before, other then having an order or two cancelled because they no longer had the stock (they don't really keep their stuff as updated as they should) never had issues.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 02:15 PM   #259
tworow2
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

NinNin is legit but don't manage their stock well and so can appear to flood MyFigureCollection pages with In Stock that they don't actually have on hard to find items. If there are set dates and everything, it should be fine.

The 9S hasn't been officially announced yet, although photos have leaked. So presumably when the official announcement is made that's when the re-release news will be made official and other vendors will start posting it. NinNin just jumped the gun I think. Hobbylink had briefly posted it according to MFC but the page is down now.

Here are the MFC pages. When sites update their inventory they should pop up on there:
https://myfigurecollection.net/item/549472
https://myfigurecollection.net/item/758994

NinNin has posted both the regular and DX back up so it seems both are getting the re-release.

Edit Monday the 25th: They're now up on Amiami.
tworow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 09:37 PM   #260
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Spec Fiction is now sold out of the solo 2B statue. The only one they have left is the standard dio.