Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 02-12-2015, 11:07 PM   #1
tripletn@mac.co
Shadowhawk

Batman Arkham statue line info?

I'm a huge fan of DCs Batman Arkham statue line. This line could potentially be around 30-50 statues once you put together all the different characters they could sculpt. We need to see a Scarecrow from both Asylum and Knight, Two-Face, Croc Etc. I noticed that DC hasn't solicited anymore statues in this line after the Batman Arkham Knight due in April. There is no mention of any for 2015!! Does anybody have any inside info as to if this line was cancelled? That would be a serious wasted opportunity on DCs part. 4 games worth of characters to produce including Deathstroke, Robin, Deadshot, etc. If it is cancelled, can we get a group petition to get DC to reconsider that decision?
tripletn@mac.co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 07:49 AM   #2
SDguy

Some amazing character design here, I hope they continue... croc an scarecrow would be amazing.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 08:06 AM   #3
Dahwaf
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

I can't really see 30-50 statues in the line, but I don't think it's cancelled just yet.

As for it being cancelled, I think once the final game, Arkham Knight, comes out there will be a lot more interest in the series and that should revitalize the line. The original statue (I think the first was Harley Quinn from Arkham City) line started long after the game was released.

You can bet on at least an Arkham Knight Harley Quinn to come out before the end this line.

Dahwaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 08:09 AM   #4
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahwaf View Post
As for it being cancelled, I think once the final game, Arkham Knight, comes out there will be a lot more interest in the series and that should revitalize the line.
Let's hope some other characters come to light/statue.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 10:18 AM   #5
HarleyQuinn
The Spirit

I would be so upset if they didn't do Arkham Knight Harley before the series ended! (Also it would be a dumb move on their part!)

While I take a liking to some charicters they would never make (Copperhead and Lady Shiva in Origins) I don't see why they haven't made a Scarecrow, or Deathstroke, or a Penguin (which I would have anticipated)

It's also odd that their not releasing any more this year when the game comes out 6/2. Unless it's ending- guess it had a good run while it lasted
HarleyQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 08:48 PM   #6
Griffon
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahwaf View Post
As for it being cancelled, I think once the final game, Arkham Knight, comes out there will be a lot more interest in the series and that should revitalize the line.
I agree with Dahwaf, we'll just have to wait & see.
Griffon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 11:53 PM   #7
tripletn@mac.co
Shadowhawk

If they have to wait for the new game to come out to "revitalize" interest in this line as opposed to having a Scarecrow or Harley from Arkham Knight solicited now to be timed with the release of the game, I feel the line may be in trouble. As far as how many characters could've been released that might be missed opportunities now, let me count the ways:
Penguin, Scarecrow (Asylum and Knight), Two-Face, Croc, Ra's Al Ghul, Talia, Robin, Deadshot, Deathstroke, Bane (Origins and Asylum/City), Harley (Knight) Joker (Origins), Firefly, Clayface (City), Electrocutioner, Scarface w/Joker, Hugo Strange, Anarky, Hush, Azrael, Gordon, Arkham Knight, etc. I'm sure there are a few more possibilities. That's at least 24 right there.
tripletn@mac.co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 11:07 AM   #8
StatueHunter75
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Here's a video review of my new Batman: Arkham City Harley Quinn Statue (SDCC 2014 Exclusive Color Version. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDe9...ature=youtu.be
StatueHunter75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 05:24 PM   #9
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Unfortunately I think the line is dead. The lack of solicits coupled with the first AK statue being that full color Batman made my faith wane.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 07:16 PM   #10
harley16
Fantastic Four

I don't know the statues might contain spoilers so they might just wait till next year and reboot the line or just create a new one since I think all of the upcoming pieces would be in color .
harley16 is offline   Reply With Quote