Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 04-19-2012, 09:58 PM   #51
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:01 PM   #52
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Bought/read "Superior" in one sitting, yesterday afternoon.

10/10 (I was gonna rate it 9/10, but this really deserves every point available).

Fantastic series; Millar was on point as always (Mark Millar continues to be one of my favorite writers in comics, and I say that WITHOUT having read Kick Ass yet), and Yu.. whose art I've never cared for (I'd go so far as to say I've "disliked" it, though not as much as I do JRJr's - who I'm sure has his niche, as well), was perfect for this series. I couldn't see another artist doing a better job with such a grim while heartfelt title as this one was.

I guess what I'm saying is... "Superior" has made me a Leinel Yu fan.

The storyline develops perfectly, and you THINK you know how it's going to wrap up (even after "the twist"), but then Millar throws an expert curveball on top of everything. There's an underlying illness that surrounds this series, and Mark's narrative treats it with the utmost care and respect... I feel for the guy, as it's quite possible someone close to him may have it, the way he addresses it here.

Great stuff; recommended. I wouldn't mind getting a Superior commission at some point, to be perfectly honest.

To some, this series may be too "White Bread"; but I loved it. It's definitely going in my "regularly read" pile of tpbs/hbs.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:56 AM   #53
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I'll just throw out Avenging Spider-Man #5

a bit late reading it but its a great one shot book that just leaves a smile on your face by the end. Excellent art as well. Definitely pick it up if you find it and enjoy a relatively simple cap/spidey story
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:45 PM   #54
MTL
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Just finished reading Justice League Origin by Johns-Lee. Since I only read collected editions, this was the first thing I read from the New DC. For months I avoided reviews and fans reaction to the book. I had high expectations and.....

I was disappointed. I finished reading issue #4 and it seemed like the story did not grew from the start. Yes new characters were introduced in each issue but that's about it. Nothing had been explained. Reading the final 2 issues it felt like Johns did not make an effort. It felt easy and weak to me. 6 issue arc that could have been done in four issues. Many things seem off to me!

Art was great to look at. I liked the writer angle in the last issue but that was about it. did any of you guys read the first arc? Curious to know what you guys think.
MTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:13 AM   #55
supahman
I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.

I Just finished Spider Island, and i must say, after having boycotted Spidey since the Brand new day One more day crap, i started hearing good things about Gauntlet and i picked the trades up, They were really good. Big Time By Dan slott was good too. But Spider Island was Amazing, if u've been missing Spidey, like me, please get back on teh wagon. This one's cool !
supahman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:04 PM   #56
mez
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

The Strange Talent of Luther Strode. Think Kick Ass crossed with Wanted (kind of). I really, really liked it. Art was cool, story enaging and I can't wait to see what happens next.
mez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:51 PM   #57
moon_knight1971
Rescue

X-MEN:SCHISM HC 8/10 Good read! Great jumping on point for those who haven't read the X-MEN in a while because it shows what causes the drift in ideology between Cyclops and Wolverine.
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:34 PM   #58
supahman
I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mez View Post
The Strange Talent of Luther Strode. Think Kick Ass crossed with Wanted (kind of). I really, really liked it. Art was cool, story enaging and I can't wait to see what happens next.
+1 if ya feel like loads of ass kicking and violence.. it was not as funny as Millar's Stuff.. I did like the plot a bit, as much as there was.. is there gonna be a 2nd volume?
supahman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:16 AM   #59
mez
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

To be honest, I'm just assuming/hoping there is.

Wait a second...

mez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 05:32 PM   #60
twisterred
Luke Cage

New 52 Wonder Woman has been really enjoyable and a fresh take on the character.
twisterred is offline   Reply With Quote