Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-26-2016, 12:41 AM   #31
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Not really. I remember the first few years I started collecting. We were lucky if one female statue was released a year. I still think male pieces out number the female ones.
I'm exaggerating a bit, but there have been tons of female pieces over the last couple of years; almost the entire Court of the Dead is female, for example.

I'm just mad because I haven't gotten a Flash yet. Then again, I'm getting Pfeiffer, so it evens out I guess. 2016 is the year of the Pfeiffer.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 10:19 AM   #32
Igo
Producer
Producer

Ladies and Gents, she is 1:5 scale. But she has the presence of a 1:4 scale. Her wings and base, she's nuts… she can also read at a 1:4 scale level.
Igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 10:27 AM   #33
adee
Green Arrow

A bit disappointing but so far still in.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 11:06 AM   #34
AC_808
Hercules

Aw crap! I was really hoping this was 1/4 scale!

Now I'll need to see how she looks like next to the SSC Vampirella PF.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 11:16 AM   #35
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I don't get the logic to make her 1:5th when the others in the line are 1:4?

Don't make her base the reason she looks 1:4, remove the overly large base and make her body 1:4 scale.

I hope that pics of her, Lady Death and Vampi are all put up next to each other. That's the only fair thing to do since she is being touted as "displaying as a 1:4 scale".

And hell, which Vampi and Lady Death are they saying she pairs well with? I'd think the originals.....

She looks great and will be a must for Purgatory fans and completists, but I just don't understand this decision on her scaling. This is going to be another Green Lantern vs Bats/Supes in the making.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 11:27 AM   #36
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Igo, when she's fully revealed, would it be possible to include some pics with the new Vampirella or Lady Death?

Edit: Beat me to it, Demona.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 11:49 AM   #37
COI

To play devil's advocate, to those of you who want this in 1/4 scale, would you be willing to pay $500-$600+? Because with those wings, and prices being where they are, I can't see how it would be any less.

Again as an example, Kerrigan is a 1/5 scale piece with very large overall dimensions because of the wings, and when it went up for pre-order, it cost right around what 1/4 PFs were selling for at the time. Maybe this is just my opinion, but I think Kerrigan hangs just fine with 1/4 scale pieces because the wingspan and elevated base give it a ton of stature.

1/4 would have been awesome, but I bet lots of people would have passed because of the price.
Old 02-26-2016, 12:04 PM   #38
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Personally, I don't mind Purgatori being 1/5. I own Kerrigan and her wingspan does gives her a lot of presence.

I also considered the cost factor if Purgatori would be 1/4, so reducing her scale might be a blessing in disguise.

My main concern is how well she displays with the other Dynamite characters.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 12:13 PM   #39
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Coi, you're going to be spending $500 on her (or damn close) no matter what. Go look at the Masters of the Universe line and how those prices have jumped up between two releases.

So the real question is, are you OK paying $500 for 1:5 scale?

It's time for people to stop sacrificing one for the other. Just give me well made statues and IF they are in the theme line (like Purgatori is) -- make them all the same damn size!
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 12:27 PM   #40
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Coi, you're going to be spending $500 on her (or damn close) no matter what. Go look at the Masters of the Universe line and how those prices have jumped up between two releases.

So the real question is, are you OK paying $500 for 1:5 scale?

It's time for people to stop sacrificing one for the other. Just give me well made statues and IF they are in the theme line (like Purgatori is) -- make them all the same damn size!
Given how expensive these things are for me in Canada right now, I have to swallow steep prices overall to stay in this hobby, so I'm the wrong guy to ask. If I love it, I'll buy it, because this is one of those characters that exemplifies the era I was collecting comics. I'm also the wrong guy to ask because I'm not a stickler between 1/5 and 1/4; I think they generally look fine together, and some of my all-time favorite Sideshow pieces are 1/5.

I'm not sold on the new Lady Death PF yet, but given the way she's posed, she might work with a 1/5 Purgatori. That said, I see your point, and I agree that ultimately I just want well-made pieces for the money.