Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 01-05-2019, 02:54 PM   #1101
built2shred
Phoenix

Lightning is usually a bright white not so much yellow, I think if they would of used a whitish clear resin it would of looked better.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 03:20 PM   #1102
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I like the lightning in the cloud, not as much on her. But it is well done, just not totally my taste.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 03:22 PM   #1103
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
I have zero intention on selling this statue ever but I would be shocked if this didn’t reach Scorpion prices soon. I think it’s way better but then again I’m probably biased as an X-Men fan lol
Ditto. If it soars, I might be tempted. As it stands now - I will keep this forever. There is a very good possibility that like Scorpion, this could last as a strong piece since other companies won’t touch this costume.
Old 01-05-2019, 03:45 PM   #1104
WolverineFan
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Ditto. If it soars, I might be tempted. As it stands now - I will keep this forever. There is a very good possibility that like Scorpion, this could last as a strong piece since other companies won’t touch this costume.
No price is going to tempt me because I don’t believe Sideshow can do better and the recent fan art released is odd looking to me. It can sell for $3000 and I won’t budge but it’s always nice to see statues that you own increase in price even with no intention on selling it.
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 03:52 PM   #1105
SkyWalker
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Where do I start? Firstly, why did XM Studios make Storm's skin so light? They went from dark brown to almost white (no middle ground). Her skin tone looks very unnatural in the final release (think spray tan). Im not sure if real world reference was used to decide the final tone or personal preference of XM. The skin change ruined the statue for me and I almost cancelled my preorder. I am pretty sure most of the people that wanted lighter skin did not preorder and/or were never in the market for Storm in the first place. If they did, I bet they didn't expect XM to go this light.
Other causes of concern include the paint application on the tornado and the seams. The seams are not that big of a deal to me, but they should be smaller or non existent (neck seam, tornado seam). The paint app on the tornado is a bigger cause of concern. Some look great, others look like a literal spray can paint job. Hopefully I will receive a good one from the batch. My statue will arrive soon and I will do a repaint on the skin (something I shouldn't have to do). I will replicate the official photos of Storm on the XM website. If I see any other issues I will let you know.
SkyWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 03:57 PM   #1106
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Speaking for myself, Skywalker, I can say that Storms skin tone is perfect for me. She doesn’t look biracial and she isn’t as dark as TChalla. Ororo is rarely is colored as dark as TChalla, which would have made me cancel my order. Perhaps the flashes and angels are making her seem more light skinned to you than she is in hand (I’m still waiting for mine, so I’m just speculating).

As for the seams, ITA. The neck doesn’t bother me, I could chalk that up to a natural collar bone clothing crease. But that tornado seam is rough.
Old 01-05-2019, 04:25 PM   #1107
WolverineFan
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
Where do I start? Firstly, why did XM Studios make Storm's skin so light? They went from dark brown to almost white (no middle ground). Her skin tone looks very unnatural in the final release (think spray tan). Im not sure if real world reference was used to decide the final tone or personal preference of XM. The skin change ruined the statue for me and I almost cancelled my preorder. I am pretty sure most of the people that wanted lighter skin did not preorder and/or were never in the market for Storm in the first place. If they did, I bet they didn't expect XM to go this light.
Other causes of concern include the paint application on the tornado and the seams. The seams are not that big of a deal to me, but they should be smaller or non existent (neck seam, tornado seam). The paint app on the tornado is a bigger cause of concern. Some look great, others look like a literal spray can paint job. Hopefully I will receive a good one from the batch. My statue will arrive soon and I will do a repaint on the skin (something I shouldn't have to do). I will replicate the official photos of Storm on the XM website. If I see any other issues I will let you know.
The skin tone is fine and so is the tornado paint applications. I will say though the seam on the add on tornado piece is noticeable. Not sure why they couldn’t have kept it as one or just left it out all together
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 04:31 PM   #1108
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher2000 View Post
A nice addon posted by Jason Clendening.
this brings storm to a whole new level and gives her more dynamitc. XM and Sideshow should thinking of such items with the statues.

Maybe this detail would have even bring a more sell to this statue.
Omg that looks incredible and completely changes this piece to a gotta have level
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 04:35 PM   #1109
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
I have zero intention on selling this statue ever but I would be shocked if this didn’t reach Scorpion prices soon. I think it’s way better but then again I’m probably biased as an X-Men fan lol
She’s good but not Scorpion good. He has best paint app I’ve ever seen on statue .
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 04:35 PM   #1110
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Her skin tone is perfection.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote