Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-15-2019, 11:44 AM   #1051
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

I remember when Sideshow inspected one of my replacements, and it showed up missing the corner feet at the top of the box and untapped Styrofoam halves. Good times.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 11:45 AM   #1052
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdragon View Post
Wow - the replacement portraits look so much better... I would love to get this piece, but knowing that the very first thing I'm going to have to do when I get her is ask Sideshow for a replacement head is... depressing
Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Would it be a waste of my time if I contacted them to see if they would inspect the initial piece before they sent it out? Because honestly, they shouldn't be shipping any more of these until they can ensure everyone gets a good one like this newest one posted.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 12:30 PM   #1053
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

I'm sad that i have to pass on this exquisite babe...
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 12:43 PM   #1054
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Would it be a waste of my time if I contacted them to see if they would inspect the initial piece before they sent it out? Because honestly, they shouldn't be shipping any more of these until they can ensure everyone gets a good one like this newest one posted.
That's exactly what I did for my replacement. I emailed them and told them to check that head and make sure she fits in her base.
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 12:47 PM   #1055
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraFan View Post
That's exactly what I did for my replacement. I emailed them and told them to check that head and make sure she fits in her base.
I haven't ordered though. I mean like asking them to check the portrait before it's even sent the first time to avoid having to go the replacement route.
Old 08-15-2019, 12:52 PM   #1056
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
I haven't ordered though. I mean like asking them to check the portrait before it's even sent the first time to avoid having to go the replacement route.
I mean knowing what you now know..I definitely would ask before placing the order. Maybe through live chat?
Old 08-15-2019, 01:23 PM   #1057
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraFan View Post
I mean knowing what you now know..I definitely would ask before placing the order. Maybe through live chat?
That's what I was thinking. But, then I also just ordered X-23 so I might wait LOL.
Old 08-15-2019, 01:27 PM   #1058
KaraFan

Quote:
That's what I was thinking. But, then I also just ordered X-23 so I might wait LOL.
lol
Old 08-15-2019, 01:42 PM   #1059
Demona
Martian Manhunter

The head is a solid improvement, but the body it went on still looks so bad in color. His suit is REALLY not white compared to the cape.

This statue is overall a color blending/matching disaster.

People, don't even think for one second a white suited Storm is going to look any better if she comes with a fabric cape. Good thing I have no interest in owning another white suit Storm..for many reasons.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 02:03 PM   #1060
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
The head is a solid improvement, but the body it went on still looks so bad in color. His suit is REALLY not white compared to the cape.

This statue is overall a color blending/matching disaster.

People, don't even think for one second a white suited Storm is going to look any better if she comes with a fabric cape. Good thing I have no interest in owning another white suit Storm..for many reasons.
I absolutely agree. Everyone knows you should never combine cream with white, it just looks like your cream is a dirty white fabric. The bluish shading is not helping either.
grphyx1 is online now   Reply With Quote