Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 08-19-2014, 07:47 PM   #1531
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper2005 View Post
Huge and made of SOLID poly stone! Can you imagine how much this will weigh??
Yeah Viper2005 this thing is going to be massively huge and feel massive in our hands!

This thing is 28 kg which is over 60 lbs shipped…. 60 lbs folks, thats not a small light hollow statue! When we all get this were going to feel like we did many years ago when you picked up older big solid collectible similar to original Hulk PF….

And some were saying this wouldnt be able to sit on ikea shelves but I'm going to display this on my ikea pax units but most likely on the floor shelf of my pax

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 09:29 PM   #1532
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

What's the weight limit on the Pax, Sarah?
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 04:03 AM   #1533
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
Yeah Viper2005 this thing is going to be massively huge and feel massive in our hands!

This thing is 28 kg which is over 60 lbs shipped…. 60 lbs folks, thats not a small light hollow statue! When we all get this were going to feel like we did many years ago when you picked up older big solid collectible similar to original Hulk PF….
This will be perfect, hope they never stop making them massive. This justifies the higher prices imo and I gladly pay the higher shipping prices.
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 05:39 PM   #1534
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
What's the weight limit on the Pax, Sarah?
No idea but on some of my shelves i have them almost maxed out and pushing my pax shelves but i check them weekly and there isn't any bending or bowing of the shelves yet! I tried looking and couldn't find what my max weight can be per shelf may need to check that sooner than later.. Right now i have Galactus and some of my other heavier statues on bottom shelf..

Cant wait for this thing though, may actually get my own pedestal just for this and have magneto art print behind him though!

Maybe something like these??

Or may just get the artwork framed that this figure is based off of who knows all look cool but if i did use any of the other two it would be with the helmet, love that artwork!!

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 07:39 PM   #1535
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

i believe the weight limit for the pax shelves is about 45lbs
im under that and my shelves are bowing. which is BS because i haven't even had them for a year yet. Ikea is garbage and are cheap particle board ,,
whats the term you guys like to use?? oh yeah..

MONEY GRAB!!
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 07:43 PM   #1536
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
i believe the weight limit for the pax shelves is about 45lbs
im under that and my shelves are bowing. which is BS because i haven't even had them for a year yet. Ikea is garbage and are cheap particle board ,,
whats the term you guys like to use?? oh yeah..

MONEY GRAB!!
Well I would see if I could reenforce the shelf because if it is starting to bow already it could just snap? That or add some additional supports.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 07:48 PM   #1537
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Yeah, I was thinking about going with PAX, but the weight limit for those big shelves are way too low, especially with XM statues lol. I'll probably wait and get some custom ones made for the bigger statues, I just have Bestas and Detolfs now.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 07:56 PM   #1538
DynamicMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey976 View Post
Well I would see if I could reenforce the shelf because if it is starting to bow already it could just snap? That or add some additional supports.
yeah only ways to reenforce it is to go out and purchase some real hard wood. Oak boards and cut them to fit. the only other way possible would be to buy some steel 1/8th" rods and try and measure them to fit from hole to hole (very tricky to get that measurement right) so you can run them under the shelves and just have the shelves sit on top of those. that would really reenforce them but they would be visible. but then they wouldn't be secure. and the shelves could be slid off if someone grabbed it such as a child..lol
but then you have to take the frames in to consideration. how do you reenforce the holes? those are particle board as well. so trying to fit the rods in those holes could risk damage.
def not buying Ikea crap again. def going to make my own SOLID wood shelves.
Old 08-20-2014, 07:59 PM   #1539
DynamicMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
Yeah, I was thinking about going with PAX, but the weight limit for those big shelves are way too low, especially with XM statues lol. I'll probably wait and get some custom ones made for the bigger statues, I just have Bestas and Detolfs now.
this right here i would highly recommend.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:34 PM   #1540
Cougrcrumby
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

I have no idea how im going to display mine. Ill probably go by a pedistol myself. Im going to probably save the bottoms of my bestas for the xm stuff. Probably going to have to start working a second job to support this hobby now that statues rub near 1k including shipping.
Cougrcrumby is offline   Reply With Quote