Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 08-02-2014, 02:40 PM   #531
built2shred
Phoenix

Helmet looks fine in the new pictures, some of you guys are just extreme nitpicking...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 03:27 PM   #532
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

The helmet itself looks good, but I still think they at least need to push it down on the head a bit more than it is right now.

The helmet on the left looks good (as they have it now), I think the one on the right looks better (in terms of face placement)...just by pushing the head up into the helmet a bit more, the helmet looks much better fitted, imo.

Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 03:40 PM   #533
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Helmet looks fine in the new pictures, some of you guys are just extreme nitpicking...
Agreed. I don't see a difference in the comparison pic Bmutha posted. What....maybe .oo2 microns of an inch of eyebrow to helmet space maybe?

I have yet to see a perfect statue...ever! I doubt you will get one now. But this is about he closest to perfect I have ever seen.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 03:43 PM   #534
Bmutha

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Agreed. I don't see a difference in the comparison pic Bmutha posted. What....maybe .oo2 microns of an inch of eyebrow to helmet space maybe?

I have yet to see a perfect statue...ever! I doubt you will get one now. But this is about he closest to perfect I have ever seen.
No, I moved it more than that...look at the black space under the chin...it's almost doubled. They can achieve a much better fit than what they have right now.
Old 08-02-2014, 03:51 PM   #535
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmutha View Post
No, I moved it more than that...look at the black space under the chin...it's almost doubled. They can achieve a much better fit than what they have right now.
yeah I saw what you did B.

However, maybe his head is in the helmet far enough already? I don't know.

That is a might up close camera shot. Don't think that will be noticeable from any view up to and including 1 foot away. You really need to get up under his nose to see that.

Will know for sure once final pics go up on XM website. Until then....just have to wait and see.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 04:01 PM   #536
Bmutha

Quote:
yeah I saw what you did B.

However, maybe his head is in the helmet far enough already? I don't know.

That is a might up close camera shot. Don't think that will be noticeable from any view up to and including 1 foot away. You really need to get up under his nose to see that.

Will know for sure once final pics go up on XM website. Until then....just have to wait and see.
XM needs deeper penetration...get that head up in there!
Old 08-02-2014, 07:05 PM   #537
Bobfrog
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
I have my order locked in for this, as it's too good to pass up.

But, the unmasked head looks a bit cross-eyed, and the helmet still looks too big for his head, especially when viewed from the front.

Starting at around the eye opening, it looks to me like the helmet tapers outward away from the head, creating a bulbous look. The helmet should slightly taper inward at that point instead, creating a more fitted look, like this:

Make it happen, XM.
I actually find that fassbender helmet looks a bit boring with the straight down edges. Each to their own though. I can see what you've done with the head but like Loricstone said, you probably won't notice it so much when the piece is in place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
Only character that can rival my love of Thor is Batman. And to be honest, Batman used to be #1, but when Morrison came on board years ago and did Batman RIP and Batman Incorporated, I lost a lot of interest. Garbage. Morrison is one of the most overrated comic writers of all time.
Agreed – I totally lost interest in most titles he took over as I found they made little sense and had little coherency. Stringing a bunch of long words together sadly doesn’t make a great storyline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
What I'm scared of, is getting Magneto and Phoenix as pure investments, and then falling in love and not wanting to sell!
Just get two!
Bobfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 07:34 PM   #538
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
The helmet itself looks good, but I still think they at least need to push it down on the head a bit more than it is right now.

The helmet on the left looks good (as they have it now), I think the one on the right looks better (in terms of face placement)...just by pushing the head up into the helmet a bit more, the helmet looks much better fitted, imo.

the helemt im not worried about. looks good
its his face. whats up with that? looks like he has gouges in his chin. face looks rough. and the paints look flat.

not to mention he looks like hes double dippin
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 10:35 PM   #539
Bobfrog
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
The devil is in the details!!!!!

I don't need to post anymore....because if you aren't sold on this now...you never will be.

Oh hell...one more for the hell of it....a money shot if you will...

BTW, the colors are actually much deeper and richer than what you see in these shots. The lighting is washing the color out. However, when this goes up for order in a few days and you see it in a more professional shot of pictures on their website....
How can you be sure about the tone of paints - have you seen the final / professional shots already?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
the helemt im not worried about. looks good
its his face. whats up with that? looks like he has gouges in his chin. face looks rough. and the paints look flat.

not to mention he looks like hes double dippin
Lol, yeah sadly I'm with you there (I'm guessing it's probably just another angular shot thing but head on he does look like he has got that chipmunk effect going on below his lips).
I've said before that this head sculpt (well more the face itself as the head and hair looks spot on imo) isn't my cup of tea anyway though so its no biggy for me as I'm just gonna customize a new head more to my liking when I get it. I'd want a version something more akin to a slightly older Michael Fassbender.
Bobfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 10:58 AM   #540
Bmutha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobfrog View Post
I actually find that fassbender helmet looks a bit boring with the straight down edges. Each to their own though. I can see what you've done with the head but like Loricstone said, you probably won't notice it so much when the piece is in place.
Im only using the Fassbender helmet as an example for fit. I really like the style of the XM helmet, I just want it to fit a bit better.