Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 06-13-2006, 08:32 PM   #1
ta2215
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...
Adamantium Member

GG started to cancel order for BHS

It seems that they oversold the busts. This is really messed up!
Read the following thread at Rs
ta2215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 08:35 PM   #2
wolverinejedi007
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

MOTHER F'er!!!
I just got that darn E-mail and I am pissed and so is my brother!!!

here it is:

Re: Your recent order for the Blackhole Stormtrooper mini bust

During the busy ordering process for the Blackhole Stormtrooper mini bust, Gentle Giant LTD’s online store experienced several technical issues that resulted in an imperfect ordering experience and a poor method of order-taking. We at Gentle Giant are taking steps to completely overhaul our online store from the ground up to insure that, in the future, our customers are treated to the positive and rewarding experience they deserve.

The most upsetting of these technical difficulties is that more orders were taken than product that was available. The reasons for this are still being determined, but the end result is the same. Unfortunately, your order has been identified as one that was placed after the entire production run of this limited edition piece was sold out. Your credit card is being refunded the full purchase price (plus tax and shipping, if applicable) and your order has been cancelled.

We will be maintaining a “wait list” of those individuals who fall into this category, and, in the event of any stock being returned or any orders being cancelled, the orders will be filled in the order that they were originally placed on June 9, 2006.

As a token of our deep regret for this occurrence, we would like to offer you the following:

Guaranteed availability of all “exclusive” merchandise sold by Gentle Giant for the remainder of 2006. Currently, this includes:
Deluxe Shock Trooper mini bust and Bust-Up (San Diego Comic Con)
Lucius Malfoy Death Eater mini bust (San Diego Comic Con)
Mara Jade mini bust (Gen Con)
A free gift of relative suggested retail value to the Blackhole Stormtrooper mini bust. If you have any holes in your collection, please send us a list, in order of preference (please note that items are limited to stock-on-hand, and hard-to-find items such as the Boba Fett mini bust and Yoda mini bust are not going to be available). Not-yet released items qualify as well, but previous exclusives are exempted. The more extensive the list, the better – if your entire list contains only items that are not available, an item of our choosing will be sent in place. [Please note that the items sent will not be part of the traditional limited/numbered variety, but rather part of the promotional samples production run that is reserved for licensors, promotional partners, press, and business associates. The piece is identical in every visible way to the piece produced that you can purchase in stores.]

Please note that this offer is only being extended to individuals who meet all of the following criteria:

Order for the Blackhole Stormtrooper was successfully placed on June 9, 2006.
Credit card was charged for this transaction.
A confirmation email (with order number) was sent to the individual.
Due to technical difficulties, this order was unable to be fulfilled.
Customer’s order was not identified as a duplicate order in violation of Gentle Giant’s posted sales practices (i.e. same name, address, credit card number, email address, etc. as a previous order.)

If you are receiving this email, it is because we have identified you as having met all of the above requirements. No further action is required on your part. Your credit card should be refunded in full within the next few business days.

If you would like to take advantage of our offer above, please respond to this email by June 23 with your list of preferred gifts. We expect to coordinate all lists and begin responding to emails to notify individuals which items they will be receiving during the week of June 26, then start sending the gifts out during the week of July 3.

We deeply regret and sincerely apologize for all of your inconvenience and disappointment associated
wolverinejedi007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 08:40 PM   #3
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Well, it looks like you can get a Shock Trooper out of the deal instead, so thats not all bad.
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 08:43 PM   #4
lockford88
The Riddler

wow...
lockford88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 08:44 PM   #5
wolverinejedi007

I was trying to get one any way from a fellow forum member...

I dont even collect these,my brother does, and I was gonna flip it untill he cried like a baby to get mine. Now this...
Old 06-13-2006, 08:48 PM   #6
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverinejedi007
I was trying to get one any way from a fellow forum member...

I dont even collect these,my brother does, and I was gonna flip it untill he cried like a baby to get mine. Now this...
Looks like your brother is the one who got screwed. Seems like Karma is coming back to haunt him.
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 08:52 PM   #7
wolverinejedi007

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus
Looks like your brother is the one who got screwed. Seems like Karma is coming back to haunt him.
He just said he enjoyed getting screwed twice.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:02 PM   #8
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

I'm afraid to check my e-mail. On the bright side you get the right to purchase 3 cool exclusives: Mara Jade, Lucius Malfoy Death Eater, and the shock trooper. Also a free promo bust/ap bust. I would pick Darth Sidious.

Man I would pay you $200.00 just for the rights to all that stuff.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:05 PM   #9
wolverinejedi007

I spoke to my Bro and he only needs Anakin and Obi-wan from clone wars and he has them all, minus some of the exclusives, and man is he bummer about this.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:05 PM   #10
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

No surprise with all the friggin' hiccups the system had. I wonder if some of the folks who were struttin' around talking about how nobody should be complaining and the system is fine as it is will change their tunes if they get the news.

Still to me that would have been worth it to get a guaranteed Mara and Shock Trooper. Then again, I hope the allocation is a lot bigger than 1K.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote