Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tsume / Attakus

Old 06-05-2007, 12:37 AM   #11
Venator
A day without sunshine is like... night.

well I understand a lot of fans are OT or movies only collectors, however there is a large market for the EU. Pieces that would generate a lot of interest off the top of my head.

Grand Admiral Thrawn, Mara Jade, Quinlan Vos, Darth Revan, Prince Xizor, Kyle Katarn, Corran Horn, Clone Palpatine, Ysanne Isard, Durge, Asajj Ventress, Nom Anor, Tsavong Lah, Darth Krayt, Darth Bane. and a lot more.

even EU versions of the Movie characters eg; Obi Wan in Clone armor.
a older Luke, maybe Dark Empire era.

Sideshow have done a few of the above mentioned pieces.
Venator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 08:54 PM   #12
larbob
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Do you think Attakus will ever be commissioned to make EU Star Wars

I like to read the EU books but not sure about statues....there are so many more from the movies to make.

larry
larbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 10:27 AM   #13
ta2215
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...
Adamantium Member

I don't know anything about the EU but I think the main issue here is if the EU fan base will be willing to pay that much for a series of statues.
I am OT only but even now I pick and chose which Attakus I buy and the only three PT that I own (with the exception of Grievous) I got them really cheap on the bay.
ta2215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 12:30 PM   #14
Darth Torment
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta2215 View Post
I don't know anything about the EU but I think the main issue here is if the EU fan base will be willing to pay that much for a series of statues.
I am OT only but even now I pick and chose which Attakus I buy and the only three PT that I own (with the exception of Grievous) I got them really cheap on the bay.
I think there is a market for EU, and it will only grow when the TV show releases etc. But you are right the price point is high. I for one would definately buy EU Attakus, and I am sure there are others- just like there are some who only buy OT and/or PT for Attakus now...
Darth Torment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 01:11 AM   #15
Slave1Pilot
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venator View Post
well I understand a lot of fans are OT or movies only collectors, however there is a large market for the EU. Pieces that would generate a lot of interest off the top of my head.

Grand Admiral Thrawn, Mara Jade, Quinlan Vos, Darth Revan, Prince Xizor, Kyle Katarn, Corran Horn, Clone Palpatine, Ysanne Isard, Durge, Asajj Ventress, Nom Anor, Tsavong Lah, Darth Krayt, Darth Bane. and a lot more.

even EU versions of the Movie characters eg; Obi Wan in Clone armor.
a older Luke, maybe Dark Empire era.

Sideshow have done a few of the above mentioned pieces.

I really can't see Attakus having success with EU characters. There is a reletively small market for their products to begin with compared to other star wars collectibles.

Seriously, when they haven't sold out of Jedi Luke, Chewbacca, Clone Trooper, Tie Fighter Pilot and Gammorean Guard, there is no way they will have success selling characters like Quinlan Vos, Ysanne Isard, Nom Anor and Tsavong Lah
Slave1Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 01:57 AM   #16
Darth Torment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave1Pilot View Post
I really can't see Attakus having success with EU characters. There is a reletively small market for their products to begin with compared to other star wars collectibles.

Seriously, when they haven't sold out of Jedi Luke, Chewbacca, Clone Trooper, Tie Fighter Pilot and Gammorean Guard, there is no way they will have success selling characters like Quinlan Vos, Ysanne Isard, Nom Anor and Tsavong Lah

They could produce a significantly lower amount of EU stautes...make it a lot of 500-700 statues rather than 1500 maybe? Enough to make a profit and satisfy the market, but not saturate it like a 20,000 run of Vader II mini busts by GG
Old 08-27-2007, 12:42 AM   #17
SITHSPAWN
Doh!

I'd really like to see a statue of Durge. I'd get it if it looked good. The same goes with other EU characters. But the price is what would hurt it.

Also, I'm hoping they make Aurr Sing from the E1!
SITHSPAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 07:50 AM   #18
The Dark Side
Death is hereditary.

I'm sure there are more than 1500 people out there who would buy a EU character, Gentle Giant have already done three characters EU and all have sold plus three times as much of the average bust or statue. I would love to see something new and original on the market and I would buy a EU character from Attakus.
The Dark Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 12:10 AM   #19
Darth Torment

I would love to see an Admiral Thrawn statue!
Old 09-13-2007, 12:15 AM   #20
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Torment View Post
I would love to see an Admiral Thrawn statue!
As would I.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote