Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 09-29-2019, 09:51 PM   #861
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1WonderFan View Post
So...those of us that ordered the exclusive directly from Tweeterhead don't get our replacements first? Seems odd.
They don’t have any control over how they come off the ship or which truck goes first and I’m thinking Sideshow is closer to the shipyards than TH up by San Francisco.
Old 09-29-2019, 09:52 PM   #862
senseimaki
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJ View Post
Doesn't seem odd. Seems par for the course.
How so?
senseimaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 09:58 PM   #863
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Doesn't seem odd. Seems par for the course.
Quote:
Originally Posted by senseimaki View Post
How so?
It’s common for Tweeterhead’s distributors to receive a new piece before Tweeterhead does. Same thing just happened with Donna Troy.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 02:30 PM   #864
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseimaki View Post
How so?
Someone will surely correct me if I'm wrong, but places like sideshow get theirs shipped directly from china. It doesn't get shipped to TH and then they send regulars to SS etc. Since SS constantly have shipments sent, it can usually leave China sooner and since they have full container shipments, it 'can' go through customs quicker. TH has to wait until they have a full container to ship or share it with someone else. That usually leads to customs taking longer. Chad explained it better in a FB live a while back. The gist is that if you order direct from TH to get the EX, then you might (but not always) get yours after people that order from other places do. It seems like he's treating this replacement like any other shipment and not trying to get the EX's out first. If SS is getting theirs, though, ours should be not too far off. Looking forward to see how this new version looks.
MisterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 03:03 PM   #865
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Someone will surely correct me if I'm wrong, but places like sideshow get theirs shipped directly from china. It doesn't get shipped to TH and then they send regulars to SS etc. Since SS constantly have shipments sent, it can usually leave China sooner and since they have full container shipments, it 'can' go through customs quicker. TH has to wait until they have a full container to ship or share it with someone else. That usually leads to customs taking longer. Chad explained it better in a FB live a while back. The gist is that if you order direct from TH to get the EX, then you might (but not always) get yours after people that order from other places do. It seems like he's treating this replacement like any other shipment and not trying to get the EX's out first. If SS is getting theirs, though, ours should be not too far off. Looking forward to see how this new version looks.
Yes. Good summation. And, me too.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 03:33 PM   #866
jeremydmc
Black Panther

I will be very sad to smash my existing Superman when the new one is ready. It has been on display now for so long. It will be nice to have one that the cape fits and the paint apps are better better but from a distance it is hard to notice on mine. I am just not a fan of breaking statues. It goes against everything I am as a collector. LOL

I had to smash my Fallout statue from Gaming Heads to get a refund on several issues involving paint apps. It was hard to do.

jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 04:04 PM   #867
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
I will be very sad to smash my existing Superman when the new one is ready. It has been on display now for so long. It will be nice to have one that the cape fits and the paint apps are better better but from a distance it is hard to notice on mine. I am just not a fan of breaking statues. It goes against everything I am as a collector. LOL

I had to smash my Fallout statue from Gaming Heads to get a refund on several issues involving paint apps. It was hard to do.

It really is hard. It's a piece of art.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 04:11 PM   #868
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Murdered mine a while back

Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 04:31 PM   #869
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote: