Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-04-2018, 09:59 AM   #1
Snnnikt
Frackin!

Smaller scale size?

Since Sideshow pretty much runs the market on 1/4 scale statues... I was wondering with the rising cost of statues, are you getting priced out of collecting 1/4 scale?

With Tweeterhead and now XM creating these 1/6 statues, are you considering switching to smaller scale now? Especially with the smaller price points? (Although it seems prices are rising for all statues)

Its been running through my mind of getting rid of my 1/4 in favor of 1/5 or 1/6 statues. Price, space, and more characters being available as really gave me itch to start thinking about it.

What are some of your thoughts? Are you priced out of 1/4 or bigger and making the switch to smaller?
Snnnikt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 10:05 AM   #2
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

No... size matters. If your going smaller then 1/5, there are a lot of companies that makes them. It would also be a way cheaper then ssc.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 10:13 AM   #3
Mister H
Gen 13

Prime 1 is getting ready to start a 1/5 scale series with Batman as their focus. If this takes off and they do other DC characters, then move on to Marvel characters, then this “might” be my new scale. If it happens though it will take a few years to get going, so I’ll get the 1/4 characters that are in my top 10 and get 1/6 scale versions of others until/if that happens.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 10:23 AM   #4
IzeroI
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Prime 1 is getting ready to start a 1/5 scale series with Batman as their focus.
Batman being Prime 1's focus. You don't say.
IzeroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 10:38 AM   #5
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

I was always into 1/6 scale and I am collecting some of Tweeterheads super powers pieces. I am very selective in getting 1/4 scale and usually sell one to make space for new 1/4 scales I want.
Old 09-04-2018, 10:44 AM   #6
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzeroI View Post
Batman being Prime 1's focus. You don't say.
Lol, yeah imagine that. Bats is my favorite guy though so I’m more than fine with it.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 10:47 AM   #7
adee
Green Arrow

I collect 1:4 and 1:10, and yes I am being fazed out of quarter scale. The prices are kinda ruining my enjoyment of it. I have to keep asking myself if it's really worth it while knowing it isn't.

I will keep the stuff I have and finish what I started but there is a clear finish line for larger scale pieces for me.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 10:49 AM   #8
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

As people get priced out of 1:4 this is the perfect time for Randy Bowen to start selling 1:6 Marvel again, unfortunately I think he can't until 2021.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 10:54 AM   #9
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I just started collecting this year and only have 1 statue in house but have many on pre-order all of them are prime 1 and i plan on buying many big xm statues in the near future. I have planned exactly where i will display my future statues and where i will keep the boxes if i decide to keep them at all.

I have nothing against smaller scale statues but i just believe you get more statue for your money with bigger statues. I just think that with bigger statues you have to think and plan more you cannot just BUY BUY BUY without a plan.
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 11:07 AM   #10
Raas Kaaz
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

still staying in 1/4. ... just being way more selective ... and space became anyways an issue
Raas Kaaz is offline   Reply With Quote