Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 08-06-2009, 04:33 PM   #71
CocoPUFF
ROT Minister Of Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by riderV3 View Post
Oh HELL NO, you let him stay, don't want a peaceful day at SS section ruined.
shaddup you!
CocoPUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 04:35 PM   #72
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

All this talk about kids, i think when i visit my cousins this weekend i am gonna slap her kids around for spite!!!!!

Mauah uhuahu ahuaahu
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 04:41 PM   #73
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Sometimes the parents could use a good slap.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 04:44 PM   #74
CocoPUFF
ROT Minister Of Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by armitage View Post
Sometimes the parents could use a good slap.
If there's one thing I cant stand its parents that LET their kids run around like Devil Seeds!
Old 08-06-2009, 05:05 PM   #75
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoPUFF View Post
no need to get somewhat defensive...it was just a simple question.. I just wanted to know if you have kids? I don't really care if you were slapped around as a kid. The parents in this thread are discussing how they handle their children. Its a totally differrent thing bieng a 'kid' and being a 'parent'.

Its always easier for someone who doesn't HAVE children to say "slap the crap out of them"! Like you would have done...

But I used to be that way too...until I HAD kids. Its not so easy to just "slap the crap out of them". So unless you have something of value to say...go cause some drama elsewhere

I agree, CocoPoofie. There are a number things you can never truly appreciate without actually being a parent. One, the amount of time and energy a child requires. Oh my. If I didn't know better, I'd swear it's been at least 100 years since the wiser half and I were just a couple... Two, the effect a smile or the sound of a child's laughter could have on you. Is there anything more disarming? When she turns 16, I just know she's going to get a car out of me. I'm a total sucker for flaterry as it is -- My daughter would be like kryptonite.

Three, one time when Selina came home with a cut on her cheek (caused by some other kid at daycare who scratched her), I was prepared to do just about anything to ease her pain -- which included having a serious convo with the daycare provider. Four, and perhaps more importantly, mom and dad (us) truly have to be on the same page on a lot of things, namely discipline, diet, amount of TV, and education. It's important to nicely point things out to each other, though not in front of Junior or Juniorette.

Five, priorities change. I recently sold 23 X-Men busts in one auction without even blinking in order to pay for our upcoming baby's dresser, library, and related other things.

While non parents may consider these things and others, it's just not the same unless they're living it. It's like talking about parachuting without ever having jumped out of a plane. You can imagine, perhaps even sympathize, however, it's just not the same because parenting truly is a 24 hours thing.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 05:13 PM   #76
CocoPUFF
ROT Minister Of Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
There are a few things you can never truly appreciate without actually being a parent. One, the amount of time and energy a child requires. If I didn't know better, I'd swear it's been at least 100 years since the wiser half and I were just a couple. Two, the effect a smile or the sound of a child's laughter would have. When she turns 16, she's going to get a car out of me. I'm sure of it. I'm a total sucker for flaterry from cute girls -- My daughter would be like kryptonite. Three, one time when Selina came home with a cut on her cheek (caused by some other kid at daycare who scratched her), I was prepared to do just about anything to ease her pain -- which included having a serious convo with the daycare provider. Four, mom and dad truly have to be on the same page on a lot of things, namely discipline, diet, amount of TV, and education.

While you can consider these things and others, it's just not the same unless you're living it. It's like talking about parachuting without ever having jumped out of a plane.

I agree with everything you said especially that last part. My kids have shown me a completely different side of myself I never knew existed! Along with a large side of happiness!
Old 08-06-2009, 06:24 PM   #77
endsongjen
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Four, and perhaps more importantly, mom and dad (us) truly have to be on the same page on a lot of things, namely discipline, diet, amount of TV, and education. It's important to nicely point things out to each other, though not in front of Junior or Juniorette.
OH MAN. ive experienced this one first hand. my ex (not my daughters bio dad btw) and i used to argue ALL the time about how i disciplined her. lets just say it didnt help esp cuz hed argue w me in front of her so she knew hed give in... ugh... hated that. well that didnt last LOL
endsongjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:45 PM   #78
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by endsongjen View Post
OH MAN. ive experienced this one first hand. my ex (not my daughters bio dad btw) and i used to argue ALL the time about how i disciplined her. lets just say it didnt help esp cuz hed argue w me in front of her so she knew hed give in... ugh... hated that. well that didnt last LOL

Aww Jenikins! He sounds like a total schmo.
Good thing you told him to skedaddle!
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote