Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > Aussies

Old 02-18-2014, 05:14 AM   #51
lordrycon
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

The organiser of this event needs to see this Indiegogo Campaign as a sign that there is no demand for another con in Melbourne. Oz Comic-Con and Supanova are consistently bringing us the best comic talent the industry has to offer, and do so with hard work and relationships that are sometimes decades old.
lordrycon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 08:50 PM   #52
mez
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I don't think that the reason the indiegogo campaign is failing is due to the lack of demand for another Melbourne con, I think it's a huge range of things, poor marketing, unexciting guests, a very slow release of information, as well as the fact they are crowd funding (aka will the event go ahead). But could a comic festival/con work? Yes. Should it aim to be the same scale as supanova/oz comic con/Armageddon in it's first year? Noooo. Should it promise the most exciting, important well known comic guests and than release two pretty unknown names? Noooo.
mez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:34 PM   #53
lordrycon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mez View Post
I don't think that the reason the indiegogo campaign is failing is due to the lack of demand for another Melbourne con, I think it's a huge range of things, poor marketing, unexciting guests, a very slow release of information, as well as the fact they are crowd funding (aka will the event go ahead). But could a comic festival/con work? Yes. Should it aim to be the same scale as supanova/oz comic con/Armageddon in it's first year? Noooo. Should it promise the most exciting, important well known comic guests and than release two pretty unknown names? Noooo.
A comic con could work in the scheme of a convention, but not an expo like Nova, Arama or OCC.

I would imagine something small at Melbourne Town Hall or somewhere similar, mainly local artists, writers and vendors, one or two international guests over 1 or 2 days. Expected attendees over the weekend maybe 2000. BUT, be prepared for only 500 people to show up total...

Thats what I would be aiming for scale wise if it was my con.
Old 05-26-2014, 08:46 AM   #54
lordrycon

Did you hear the awful news? This CON has been postponed indefinitely due to venue concerns. lol :P
Old 05-26-2014, 09:06 AM   #55
Wrothy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

What??!! But I was so looking forward to paying $800 to have dinner with Andy Runton!
Wrothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 04:10 AM   #56
Rocket
Art of Mod

I see you guys saw my cheeky post on their Fb wall that got that response!
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote