Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > Aussies

Old 02-25-2014, 11:04 PM   #11
Royd
Producer
Producer

Just been reading about it and believe me, I know how they feel and what they're going through having seen the outcry when Peter Dinklage cancelled last year at Supanova. Ouch
Royd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 11:40 PM   #12
lordrycon
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royd View Post
Just been reading about it and believe me, I know how they feel and what they're going through having seen the outcry when Peter Dinklage cancelled last year at Supanova. Ouch
My frustration came more so after Supanova last year, I'm not trying to open a can of worms here or anything but I was told by a reliable source that Nova knew of Peter Dinklage pulling out many weeks before letting the public know.

I'm not sure how public knowledge this information has become, I have heard others talk about it since then, but that was a move that was open to criticism as it felt dishonest.

In this instance I feel the negative feedback and threats that The Hub have been copping are totally uncalled for. Family emergencies happen to everyone at some point, just 99.9% of us arent high profile so it dosnt mean much to others, in this case I know I would honestly feel bad about not being able to come.
lordrycon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 12:49 AM   #13
Royd
Producer
Producer

I can assure you that "many weeks" wasn't the case but whatever I say will be viewed dubiously *shrug*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrycon View Post
My frustration came more so after Supanova last year, I'm not trying to open a can of worms here or anything but I was told by a reliable source that Nova knew of Peter Dinklage pulling out many weeks before letting the public know.

I'm not sure how public knowledge this information has become, I have heard others talk about it since then, but that was a move that was open to criticism as it felt dishonest.

In this instance I feel the negative feedback and threats that The Hub have been copping are totally uncalled for. Family emergencies happen to everyone at some point, just 99.9% of us arent high profile so it dosnt mean much to others, in this case I know I would honestly feel bad about not being able to come.
Old 02-26-2014, 01:04 AM   #14
lordrycon

Quote:
I can assure you that "many weeks" wasn't the case but whatever I say will be viewed dubiously *shrug*
not at all, I don't see why you would have any reason to be untruthful, I certainly wasn't trying to have a dig or anything of the sort.

If there info I was given is bogus then that's fine.
Old 02-26-2014, 01:40 AM   #15
Royd
Producer
Producer

No problem, I guess I was being overly sensitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrycon View Post
not at all, I don't see why you would have any reason to be untruthful, I certainly wasn't trying to have a dig or anything of the sort.

If there info I was given is bogus then that's fine.
Old 02-26-2014, 01:41 AM   #16
lordrycon

Quote:
No problem, I guess I was being overly sensitive
I understand, sometimes it must seem like all you get is endless criticism when trying to do something great for fans. Hell, I get upset with all the criticism and I dont even have to deal with it lol
Old 02-26-2014, 11:34 AM   #17
mez
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

The reason they don't announce guest cancellations straight away is so they can try to line up a replacement. It's easier to accept that actor A can't come when you hear that actor B is replacing them.
mez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 06:01 PM   #18
lordrycon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mez View Post
The reason they don't announce guest cancellations straight away is so they can try to line up a replacement. It's easier to accept that actor A can't come when you hear that actor B is replacing them.
I know that, but it wasnt what I was referring to... I was made aware of additional details that I have now been advised werent true.