Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 02-14-2024, 10:38 AM   #271
Spec Fiction
Speculative Fiction

Everything was paid by us to repair the venom busts, including shipping back and forth. We are still not finished fixing our entire allocation.
Old 02-21-2024, 12:04 PM   #272
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
It's an easier gamble if you're buying through a great retailer like SS because they will either get you a replacement or you can easily send it back for a quick and painless return. It's just such a pain with any of these smaller retailers.
I doubt Sideshow will do anything about it if the defect occurs 1-2 years after shipping.
darren1228 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 09:27 PM   #273
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
I doubt Sideshow will do anything about it if the defect occurs 1-2 years after shipping.
oh, of course, I just meant more like in my scenario. I'm positive the crack didn't form until I had it on display for a few days. For that to occur after a year, there had to have been a small crack somewhere in that thing already, but we will never know for sure. This is the only case I have heard of that happening to this bust after being displayed for so long.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 09:43 PM   #274
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
oh, of course, I just meant more like in my scenario. I'm positive the crack didn't form until I had it on display for a few days. For that to occur after a year, there had to have been a small crack somewhere in that thing already, but we will never know for sure. This is the only case I have heard of that happening to this bust after being displayed for so long.
It happened to you too, right? Happened to Art Statue Collector too.
Jaw shape is just too extended especially with the heavy tongue for brittle polystone to support.
I'd wager they will all eventually crack regardless of conditions. Likely even the repairs will not hold either.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEdGoj5HOhI&t=2554s
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 03:40 AM   #275
lewisnfro86
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Jaw shape is just too extended especially with the heavy tongue for brittle polystone to support.
I'd wager they will all eventually crack regardless of conditions. Likely even the repairs will not hold either.
The reason they cracked was due to poor and thin materials used to patch the gap seams. The tongue doesn't compress against the sides at all so it does not impact it (especially since the tongue is not attached when it occurs in shipping). The factories essentially used a thin putty to cover the gap, and then used UV resin to give it that wet/gloss look. The foundation of the fill and UV resin is very brittle, so it was never going to last.

The entire run to my knowledge was also affected. I've repaired over 20 of these, including my own with apoxie sculpt which hardens to a rock-like consistency. I've had mine for almost 1.5 years and have not had issues, nor the ones I've repaired for clients. If the repair is done correctly, you won't have any future issues.
lewisnfro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 09:08 PM   #276
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Yea, but mine and most collectors cracks either happened quickly or upon opening it. I don?t think anyone else had it crack after a year

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisnfro86 View Post
The reason they cracked was due to poor and thin materials used to patch the gap seams. The tongue doesn't compress against the sides at all so it does not impact it (especially since the tongue is not attached when it occurs in shipping). The factories essentially used a thin putty to cover the gap, and then used UV resin to give it that wet/gloss look. The foundation of the fill and UV resin is very brittle, so it was never going to last.

The entire run to my knowledge was also affected. I've repaired over 20 of these, including my own with apoxie sculpt which hardens to a rock-like consistency. I've had mine for almost 1.5 years and have not had issues, nor the ones I've repaired for clients. If the repair is done correctly, you won't have any future issues.
Between you and Kenny alone, you guys repaired a very large amount of these. I suppose many just decided to live with it. QS should have come out right away and said something about it, but instead stayed silent. Pretty shady stuff.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote