Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-27-2022, 08:26 PM   #321
Destroyous
Justice League

I really like it. I like a big buff Magneto. My only two things I’d change is to cut all that sentinel debris beneath him down by half to lower the overall height and on his collar that metal piece in the middle between his pecs. That things too long.

Otherwise Magneto is my top X-Men character and I’ve waited for a good 1:4 since back in 2010 when I started collecting.
Destroyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 10:08 PM   #322
FJC
Midnighter

I like this piece. IMO, it's not as good as the XM throne statue but it's better than sideshow's MAQ. Even though it's a modern styled costume, there are some nice classic elements to it. Just the fact that he's wearing his purple trunks lifts this up a few notches for me. That said, I'm still waiting for a true classic Byrne/Lee inspired 1/4 Mags.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 06:35 AM   #323
Conehead
Luke Cage

Not the worst ...
Conehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 07:03 AM   #324
SDguy

Apparently they just knocked $200 off the price... for, reasons.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 08:05 AM   #325
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Apparently they just knocked $200 off the price... for, reasons.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 08:27 AM   #326
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

[Announcement]
We have an announcement for collectors who pre-ordered the Magneto (Dawn of X) 1/4 Scale in store with us during XM Store opening day - we are happy to share that the price is revised from S$1,699 to S$1,499!
For collectors who have paid the deposit in-store, we will adjust the remaining balance accordingly.
For collectors who have paid in full in-store, you can either utilise the excess amount for your next order or get a refund for the price difference.
Please look out for our email as we will be reaching out to all the collectors who have placed an order. Alternatively, you can also email us at custcare@xm-studios.com if you have any questions.
Happy collecting!
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 12:13 PM   #327
austintheng
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Why are people saying this Magneto looks jacked or buffed? Isn't he always like that.. Just look at the Jim lee Magneto drawings.. they all looked jacked.

LBS 1/3 Magneto looks way more jacked than this Dawn of X 1/4, and nobody's saying anything.
austintheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 02:34 PM   #328
Peedi
The Secret Six

Yeah, I was amused a few pages back because one of the complaints about the sideshow maquette is that he isn’t buff enough and didn’t resemble Jim Lee’s version enough. But I guess this one is too large for people.

For me, this statue is decent. A bit confused with the combined Sentinel and Krakoa theme, and the naming is all off since this costume is XM’s take on Magneto’s traditional costume and definitely not Dawn of X. The costume updates are unnecessary. I was never interested in Magneto on Throne but to me the costume on that statue is the guideline and bar for how to successfully update classic costumes. But overall this one is decent.
Peedi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 03:58 PM   #329
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Yeah, I was amused a few pages back because one of the complaints about the sideshow maquette is that he isn?t buff enough and didn?t resemble Jim Lee?s version enough. But I guess this one is too large for people.

For me, this statue is decent. A bit confused with the combined Sentinel and Krakoa theme, and the naming is all off since this costume is XM?s take on Magneto?s traditional costume and definitely not Dawn of X. The costume updates are unnecessary. I was never interested in Magneto on Throne but to me the costume on that statue is the guideline and bar for how to successfully update classic costumes. But overall this one is decent.
First thing that came to mind was Onslaught, but I do like the proportions here. The first Magneto comic appearance I remember is a super jacked Lee issue, so I'm good.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 08:25 PM   #330
Mr. Shoosh
Sinister Six

Jacked is a Drago/Dolph Lundgren anatomy. This Magneto is a bloated competitor 2 days before he goes into dehydration mode and competes in a show. An arm as big as a thigh is just over the top. The head is swallowed by his body. That’s why we’re saying it. But, this is a fictional character with many iterations that we’re debating over. I guess anything goes.
Mr. Shoosh is offline   Reply With Quote